Sign in to follow this  
revel

MH721 FlexiPro 8.1 Sony Vaio with WindowsXP

i recently bought the MH721. it came with the sign blazer elements. ran into isues trying to import .ai and .eps files from adobe illustrator so a friend installed the flexi software. after finally figuring out i needed the usb to serial adapter i got it to cut once. just once. now when i plug the usb into the computer i get a warning message that the usb is drawing too much power or surging and i have to quit out so i can remove the usb and reset the port. on the rare moments that it doesnt immediately give me the warning i am unable to get it to recognize the port any longer...and once it doesnt recognize the port i get the warning again.

what can i do? or what did i do wrong?

i recently bought the MH721. it came with the sign blazer elements. ran into isues trying to import .ai and .eps files from adobe illustrator so a friend installed the flexi software. after finally figuring out i needed the usb to serial adapter i got it to cut once. just once. now when i plug the usb into the computer i get a warning message that the usb is drawing too much power or surging and i have to quit out so i can remove the usb and reset the port. on the rare moments that it doesnt immediately give me the warning i am unable to get it to recognize the port any longer...and once it doesnt recognize the port i get the warning again.

what can i do? or what did i do wrong?

in illustrator, if you save the designs as version 8 .eps, you will have better luck importing them into Signblazer. 

Depending on the computer it could be a mobo power delivery issue. Been seeing a lot of that lately on smaller form factor computers. In that case, you'll need to install a dedicated PCI-E usb card or use a good powered external usb hub.