Hey guys, planning on filing to form the company to an LLC. Had a few questions if you have done it

How to you file taxes?

Can expenses be writing off? If so how much (in state of Ohio)

Do I need a Lawyer to help file it?

Whom can I put as the "Agent" on the form? Its only me so can I file myself for it?

were an LLC and we do our own taxes - in illinois we claim everything - but only with the buisness we dont over do it we keep it correct

every state is diffrent we started this LLC and we did one for a friend in VA

no you dont need a lawyer - you just need the paper work and then file it with state and if your city or state requires it to be filed with the city then you will have to file it there too. --- illinois doesnt require it but VA did

not familar with "AGENT" just guessing - its either blank or its you

go to Ohio state website everything should be there

DONT PAY ANYONE TO DO THIS --- it will take about 20 mins to file it and your done - i have seen people charge $100 all the way up to $2000 for a simple buisness -- there scams, kinda they do what they say but its so easy anyone can do it

Guest manwayvan

Good Info..and ya everystate is diff..Check out your secretary of state website as it will be the most helpful..Anything business related is an expense and this goes for everything as long as it truly is a business expense..and true dont do the whole legalzoom or business startup services..You will spend hundreds of dollars on what a little finger work and roughly 50-100 will cost depending on where you are..

Agent - I think you're referring to the registered agent.  That is the person/address where notices are sent.  Such as the reminder notice to file Biennial Report.

Thanks guys, I know the file fee for Ohio is 125 - I have the papers.

So I can be the agent as well as the one filing.?

Guest kenya

In Florida, I'm my own Registered Agent.

The first year, I paid my lawyer to be my agent..... Big mistake.

Since then, I've saved alot of money.

If someone would need to contact you- they should contact YOU, during normal business hours.

I save everything & hand it over to my accountant. She does all the numbers & saves me all the headaches running 2 businesses & juggling paperwork.

Guest manwayvan

Yes You can be the agent and the owner in most states.It is just the person who is responsible for receiving any type of Official documents

I went thru this in Missouri last year and its pretty straight forward, things I learned along the way(at least in MO)

1) get a state tax id,

2)get a local tax id and business license for your local city you live in, if they require it.

I haven't taken it this far, but you could start another LLC in which you buy your equipment under and lease it to your other LLC that you do busy under. If you get into some legal battle, your equipment would be untouchable. Depends on the equipment value if its worth the extra cost.

Hey guys, planning on filing to form the company to an LLC. Had a few questions if you have done it

How to you file taxes?

Can expenses be writing off? If so how much (in state of Ohio)

Do I need a Lawyer to help file it?

Whom can I put as the "Agent" on the form? Its only me so can I file myself for it?

You can file with legalzoom.com pretty easy. For your taxes, get a CPA and use him. You will be surprised at how much this can help.

Consider filing as a C-corp rather than an LLC. A C-corp is the only form that offers virtually unlimited tax free benefits.

To address your question on expenses and writing off, you don't write anything off. You have income and you have expenses. What is left is either profit or loss and that is normally what you are taxed on.