Sign in to follow this  
jbass09

New to Epson 1100 and Heat Transfers - Newbie

Hello all. Newbie here! I usually outsource my t-shirts to a screen printer, but he can not do heat transfers or direct to garment and my multicolored designs and photo's cost too much for screens printing. So I have joined this forum because the people and information here are great. I bought a Epson 1100 and plan to do heat transfers with JPSS. Here are my questions.

1. I don't want to spend $1000 for a quality heat press that is 16x20. What would you pro's suggest for a quality heat press?

2. Best sites to buy the heat press?

3. Can you start printing JPSS with the 1100's EOM pigment ink?

4. Any suggestions on good guides to learning the process?

Welcome. Hope this helps a little. You will learn a lot with trial and error. Remember to have fun! Get busy and don't forget to show your results.

1. Alot of people are using Sunie Heat Presses.

2. http://www.sunie.com/

3. I am using the factory inks but will replace them with www.inkjetcarts.us or www.cobraink.com 's refillable carts.

4. Design, Mirror Design, Print, cut out with about an 1/8" edge around, warm us press, press shirt for a few seconds to remove moisture, place design, press the shirt/design, remove backing, stretch shirt/design, cover with parchment paper or teflon sheet, and repress for a few seconds.

Guest sciondrgn

Welcome. Hope this helps a little. You will learn a lot with trial and error. Remember to have fun! Get busy and don't forget to show your results.

1. Alot of people are using Sunie Heat Presses.

2. http://www.sunie.com/

3. I am using the factory inks but will replace them with www.inkjetcarts.us or www.cobraink.com 's refillable carts.

4. Design, Mirror Design, Print, cut out with about an 1/8" edge around, warm us press, press shirt for a few seconds to remove moisture, place design, press the shirt/design, remove backing, stretch shirt/design, cover with parchment paper or teflon sheet, and repress for a few seconds.

;D

I am using Cobra's CIS Pigment ink but have used the OEM ink as well with no problems!

Thanks cbsuperduty! I had a feeling it would be a lot of trial and error. Do you have to cut around the designs with JPSS, or will only the design transfer? Maybe that is a dumb question.

I am comparing the two below:

1) 16"D x 24"W Heat Press Digital Screen Printing (Free Shipping) for $399.99 w/ Free Shipping.

2) Digital 16" D X 20" W Clamshell Heat Press (Free Shipping) for $499.99 w/ Free Shipping

I can not really tell a big difference in 1 versus 2, but 1 has a larger area and is digital for $100 less. The descriptions are kind of close.

I look into the Cobra CIS and it looks awesome. I saw tons of recommendations for it. Does it really improve ink usage and performance by that much?

Guest sciondrgn

Thanks cbsuperduty! I had a feeling it would be a lot of trial and error. Do you have to cut around the designs with JPSS, or will only the design transfer? Maybe that is a dumb question.

I am comparing the two below:

1) 16"D x 24"W Heat Press Digital Screen Printing (Free Shipping) for $399.99 w/ Free Shipping.

2) Digital 16" D X 20" W Clamshell Heat Press (Free Shipping) for $499.99 w/ Free Shipping

I can not really tell a big difference in 1 versus 2, but 1 has a larger area and is digital for $100 less. The descriptions are kind of close.

I look into the Cobra CIS and it looks awesome. I saw tons of recommendations for it. Does it really improve ink usage and performance by that much?

You will need to trim around the printed image or if you have a cutter that can contour cut you can do that as well.  

For the ink think of it this way, The 1100 has 5 carts at around $15 each retail with 10ml of ink for standard capacity carts.. So $75 to replace each time you need ink.. The Replacement ink for the CIS system which is 100ML is around $40. $30~ savings and 10 times the amount of ink   ;D

For the press's,

The difference between those is the pressure adjustment.. The 16x20 is over the center and the 16x24 is rear pressure.. I would get the smaller over the center pressure over the rear pressure

For the ink think of it this way, The 1100 has 5 carts at around $15 each retail with 10ml of ink for standard capacity carts.. So $75 to replace each time you need ink.. The Replacement ink for the CIS system which is 100ML is around $40. $30~ savings and 10 times the amount of ink 

Couldn't be said any better I have printed and pressed so many designs I forgot how many and my tanks aren't even half gone yet !!!!

You will love it.  I have not pressed any darks yet only lights and have had great results like everyone here...

IMG_2911.jpg

IMG_2745.jpg

IMG_2731.jpg

Mr 300...thanks for the images. They look great. How are you trimming the designs so well? A cutter?! The lettering and other curvey parts of the images seem like too much work for scissors in larger quantities.

Claw.. Which ink are you using? When I was looking at the cobra site, I don't see one for the WF1100 (just the bottles of ink). Is it around $10.00 per bottle?

Guest sciondrgn

Claw.. Which ink are you using? When I was looking at the cobra site, I don't see one for the WF1100 (just the bottles of ink). Is it around $10.00 per bottle?

It's the Cobra Ink EP #790 Pigment (Color Code 69 Pigment for all workforce printers.)

For the ink think of it this way, The 1100 has 5 carts at around $15 each retail with 10ml of ink for standard capacity carts.. So $75 to replace each time you need ink.. The Replacement ink for the CIS system which is 100ML is around $40. $30~ savings and 10 times the amount of ink 

Couldn't be said any better I have printed and pressed so many designs I forgot how many and my tanks aren't even half gone yet !!!!

You will love it.  I have not pressed any darks yet only lights and have had great results like everyone here...

IMG_2911.jpg

IMG_2745.jpg

IMG_2731.jpg

another cool set of shirts Bill

Mr 300...thanks for the images. They look great. How are you trimming the designs so well? A cutter?! The lettering and other curvey parts of the images seem like too much work for scissors in larger quantities.

I have been so busy I haven't had time to mess with the contour cut Claw posted a awesome video on it that helped a lot and will get to that one day for now I just used scissors and got as close as I could and didnt worry about the insides at all

Guest kenya

Oh Bill, once you start contour cutting- it will amaze you.

Thanks to Chad's video, it is so easy.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks! I am watching the videos now. I was just about to order my heat press, but Sunie is sold out of the one I want! Darn! I am trying to find the Digital 16" D X 20" W Clamshell Heat Press for $499.99. See how it goes.

Guest sciondrgn

Thanks! I am watching the videos now. I was just about to order my heat press, but Sunie is sold out of the one I want! Darn! I am trying to find the Digital 16" D X 20" W Clamshell Heat Press for $499.99. See how it goes.

That one is a tough one to come by. It's been sold out for quite a while. You may want to contact them directly to see what the status of it is.. I really hope they are not going to discontinue that one since it is over the center pressure versus the cheaper ones which are rear pressure

What do you think about the Ricoma 16" x 20" High Pressure Heat Press Transfer Machine. A friend told me about heatpressnation.com and it has a 1 yr warranty and the price is good for the size and features.

Guest sciondrgn

What do you think about the Ricoma 16" x 20" High Pressure Heat Press Transfer Machine. A friend told me about heatpressnation.com and it has a 1 yr warranty and the price is good for the size and features.

It looks like the same press to be honest.. but that one is also Rear Pressure adjustment.. I would prefer to have an Over the Center pressure.  I havent heard of anyone mention that brand on here before but as with most of the cheaper presses they are all the same just re-branded

It looks like the same press to be honest.. but that one is also Rear Pressure adjustment.. I would prefer to have an Over the Center pressure.  I havent heard of anyone mention that brand on here before but as with most of the cheaper presses they are all the same just re-branded

+1 on the over the center pressure