Sign in to follow this  
odokie

I DID IT!!!!!!!I have a Graphtec CE5000-60 on the way

Yes I finally did it.  :thumbsup: I love my PCut,  but know the Graphtec CE5000-60 will blow it out of the water.  The best part is that the PCut paid for its self over and over and I was able to pay cash for the Graphtec.  I cant wait to get it, it shipped today.

Guest fivestar

Congrats and yes, you'll love it. :thumbsup:

I loved my old cutter too but the high end cutters are just........ well yeah you'll find out.... lol!

Guest kenya

Congratulations.

With the first cut, you will simply smile. ;D

also be ready to be amazed - really amazed at the cut speed and how quiet it is

Well it was delivered today ;D Got it up and running pretty quick, I have Windows Vista so the driver set up was a little different than the instructions, the setup CD wouldn't install.  I ended up downloading it off the Graphtec website.  The test went well and I have cut a few small things it is quick and quiet ;) I am going to watch the control panel video, there is a bunch to learn :thumbsup:

Those of you that have this, what was your biggest challenge or what is your favorite option?

Thanks,

Mary Ann  

I'm not sure what the factory setting for cut length is, but since I bought mine used/refurb, mine had it set to 2000mm, and it took me a while to figure that out, because the error message would disappear before I figured out it stopped before completing my 10ft cut. But that was more user error for me, caused me a small heap of frustration, but in the end, it all worked out.

I'm not sure what the factory setting for cut length is, but since I bought mine used/refurb, mine had it set to 2000mm, and it took me a while to figure that out, because the error message would disappear before I figured out it stopped before completing my 10ft cut. But that was more user error for me, caused me a small heap of frustration, but in the end, it all worked out.

Good to know, I will keep that in mind.

Do you use the USB that came with the cutter or have you purchased a serial cable? I have read that the serial is better.

Guest fivestar

USB works great with Graphtec's and other high end machines.  It's only with the lower end machines is where the serial cable works better.

USB works great with Graphtec's and other high end machines.  It's only with the lower end machines is where the serial cable works better.

Thanks fivestar!

I did read it about the Pcut.  I will stick with the USB  ;)

I only have used USB with my Graphtec and never a problem in over 3 years, and I run it everyday.

Gratz. I am about to buy the Graphtec CE5000-24 soon...maybe today. Let you know how it goes. Good luck with yours.

Thought I would give Illustrator CS3 and Cutting Master 2 a try since my Flexi 8.1 is so slow when a image is loaded.

So far I like it.

So I guess CM2 dont have a setting for "blade offset" and I have to set it in the machine itself?

download the Graphtec cutting contoller to your PC,   offset is there. 0  also it makes it very ez to adjust force and speed there.  You don't have to go thru the menu contol on your cutter. Not sure how yours is,  Mine is a FC7000MK-75   I use it on condition 9 and I use Flexistarter8.5/8.6

you asked best options i love you can change setting thru the software and you dont have to use the key pad on top - speed and force

and you can save settings for different kinds of material if your cutting magnet - thin vinyl - thick vinyl - all can have a preset saved - o ya if its a sheet or a roll

congrats

download the Graphtec cutting contoller to your PC,   offset is there. 0  also it makes it very ez to adjust force and speed there.  You don't have to go thru the menu contol on your cutter. Not sure how yours is,  Mine is a FC7000MK-75   I use it on condition 9 and I use Flexistarter8.5/8.6

Oh, I had forgotten about the software controller. Duh. As you may have read in the other thread my machine was set on "pen".

No wonder it wasn't cutting right. Im learning, but I am real happy. :thumbsup:

you asked best options i love you can change setting thru the software and you dont have to use the key pad on top - speed and force

and you can save settings for different kinds of material if your cutting magnet - thin vinyl - thick vinyl - all can have a preset saved - o ya if its a sheet or a roll

congrats

thanks again for the info.  I will check into all of this. I have a lot to learn :thumbsup:

i just bought one too (Graphtec CE5000-60) from ebay with the casback program around $1170 shipped with stand after cashback.

should have it in a few days.

also just bought the workforce 1100 from cobra ink with CIS.

cant wait to do some shirts if i can figure out the contour cutting. :thumbsup: