BannerJohn

Has anyone ordered from Memphis yet?

well, my order came today...very satisfied with it. Fact is, the only REAL help I got was from Memphis. I had two totally different versions of what the problem was when I talked to Washington State..but as soon as the problem was handed over to Garry in memphis, my order was on it's way.

But,leave it up to FedEx to screw it up. What should have been ONE DAY took 2 days, because Memphis mistakenly thought FedEx 2 day would get to me faster,and the package sat at the FedEx hub 100 miles from me for over 24 hours so it would damn sure take 2 days,instead of just sending it on.

John, let us know how good the banner is. I could use a couple 3' and 4' rolls and looks like a good price for them.

It's as good as what I've been using. Nice glossy finish, 13oz. The only problem I see (not a problem to me, but might be to some) is that the grommets are every 28" and not 24". And there is only one grommet, not two, that you cut down the middle like the Bandana Banner. BUT..unlike Bandana banner, the widths are TRUE 24,36,and 48. And considering the difference in price, I don't mind putting a few grommets in  the finished banner. I'll be using it from now on...IF they ever put it back on the site. I was told they are putting it into inventory now and it should be just a few days.

In short, I am very happy with it.

Just a short reply to JEBBIE'S Comment.

First off we were not able to provide an invoice for the customer at the time she was in our office, we did provide paperwork for her with the pricing. Our tech dept did go through the steps to figure out what the issue was on her MH721. The pen moved correctly and the machine functioned as it should. However when she tried to cut the blade would jam the vinyl and was also cutting through to the back of the release liner. it was suggested that she raise the blade. And we did offer the replacement material for her trouble. The material was to be shipped with the machine. Being in sales I have to turn all tech support over to the tech dept.

Garry

doesn't sound to me like there is anything wrong with the cutter. Which is often the case. Too much pressure or too much blade. Maybe they should just drive back to Memphis with the cutter and let you adjust it for them.

it's hard sometimes to advise people of something when there are"other professionals giving them advise"

Wow - the forum members are here pretty much 24/7 and solve a lot of problems without the need for usc professional support in many cases and refer the ones that cannot be resolved to submit a support ticket - but if I read this correctly we are interfering with the support process and not aiding it!

Guest sciondrgn

it's hard sometimes to advise people of something when there are"other professionals giving them advise"

ouch  :thumbsup:

I think Garry was referring to this from the original poster:

"even had 2 other business owners come look at the machine, people that have been doing this for a living for years.  They even agreed that it was the machine."

That's the way I see it,anyway.

"even had 2 other business owners come look at the machine, people that have been doing this for a living for years.  They even agreed that it was the machine."

oops my bad

Now I feel stupid after reading the appropriate comment above from Jebbie.  they drive 10 hrs to save 10.00 shipping and wast expensive t-shirt vinyl trying it out - I would have them send the destroyed vinyl back also as proof.  why wouldn't you learn on cheap vinyl before going to the expensive stuff!

Guest YHC

Not to worry, you are not alone in your feelings from Memphis.  Drove over 10 hours in one day to pick up a machine that doesn't work correctly.  Communicated with my "sales rep.", he pushed us off to technical support who did all this troubleshooting crap with us for over an hour and a half then thought that a new machine would be the best way to go.  Supposidly, Washington was testing a machine for us 2 fridays ago, a week later I called to see when it was going to arrive, called my sales rep, did not have a clue what I was talking about, of course he was the one that called and told us that they were testing the machine.  Told us that he would check into it, if it wasn't shipped, it would ship last Friday overnight and be to us on Monday.  All of a sudden Technical support from Washington is calling us asking all the redundant questions that we already went through and started in about troubleshooting with us.  I told them that we had been through all this, just wanting to know when and if the machine was coming.  Also, sales rep agreed to replace 5 yards of t-shirt vinyl that the machine screwed up, even had 2 other business owners come look at the machine, people that have been doing this for a living for years.  They even agreed that it was the machine.  The rep then stated that no machine was on its way, no machine had been tested and I would have to talk with my sales rep about the vinyl, they have nothing to do with it.  Finally friday afternoon, the tech calls back and stated via voicemail, sure we will get you another machine but we have to send out for yours first, you send yours then we will send ours...Like HE--!  You can't even ship out 5 yards of vinyl.  We drove to Memphis to pick up a machine, paid cash and you guys couldn't even print out a receipt, you think I am sending a machine back that I don't have a receipt for without another one in hand...I don't think it is my integrity that is in question here!  After 2 weeks of playing USCutters games, we have decided to just be done with them.  We have a business to run and we had been paying someone else to do our work.  We thank you for nothing Memphis, you are about as useless as useless gets.  Anyone dealing with Memphis...I wouldn't count on much and if you do get your stuff, you are lucky!

Garry,

Is it not possible that the motherboard could have been bad and not adjusting the pressure correctly when being changed? This could be why the pen worked OK as it doesn't cut. It just rides on the surface of the paper, so the pressure doesn't affect the pen as much.

I'm having a really hard time following your business practice. I work full time in an industry that for most would consider our products as their life line and in some cases can't be without. You to provide a product that some use as their main income and can't be with out for very long. I know how some of these customers feel as I went through some hoops to get a working machine when I first bought from US-Cutter.

If we handled DOA units the way you guys do, we wouldn't be in business as long as we have. A customer shouldn't have to pay to ship a defective unit or part back to be replaced (AT ALL). If you sell a NEW FOR SALE unit to someone, you should be able to back what your selling buy providing quick support and if determined that the unit is DOA, you should be able to send them a working unit that has been tested with a return shipping label for the old. You can do this by keeping their credit info in the case that the old unit isn't returned in a timely manner.

I've even read somewhere on this forum that they was told by a tech "You get what you pay for" and that they should have paid more for a better unit. Well I understand that when I pay for something NEW that the dam thing better work and if not it had better not cost me more to get a NEW working item. Just because something doesn't cost as much as another doesn't mean the consumer should just be OK with it not working as it should.

So please explain the reasons why you make your customers jump through so many hopes when you can do a quick run through of common problems and then if it turns out to be a DOA that you can't just ship an new item to replace with a return label for your customers.

P.S where not all stupid and can follow directions when given properly.

"even had 2 other business owners come look at the machine, people that have been doing this for a living for years.  They even agreed that it was the machine."

oops my bad

Now I feel stupid after reading the appropriate comment above from Jebbie.  they drive 10 hrs to save 10.00 shipping and wast expensive t-shirt vinyl trying it out - I would have them send the destroyed vinyl back also as proof.  why wouldn't you learn on cheap vinyl before going to the expensive stuff!

good points.

We tried to get that across, but they had a LARGE JOB that needed to get out so they drove up to pick it up. Green Star is a good place to start for practice. at least to get get the machine up and running correctly.

I would like to thank those of you that have extended a hand to help others here on the forum. there is nothing like experence to help out.

Garry

hate to point out the obvious, but if they were that close, they could have had next day shipping as well,regular ground..unless of course they came on a Friday. I hate to point out also that when you cut things that close, you better have a back-up plan.

I just hate that the blame is being placed unfairly on Memphis...correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you just a warehouse..shipping point? NO tech people there as of yet? And did you not offer to replace the vinyl,which is all you could do?

there is alot of that on here....  people taking paying jobs and don't even know anything about making decals,what kind of vinyl or tape to use, ,  run their vinyl cutter, or even know  how to vectorize an image.  Then they are fuming, because they can't get there order done. or have wasted 30 ft of vinyl..  these people should look in the mirror and blame themselves.    As with anything, you have to practice, practice, before you should be  accepting any orders.....  my 2c.  

• Like 1

You are correct John, at this time we do not have local tech's We are working on that but at this time customers go through the same process as in the past.

As far as making a customer jump through hoops. we have a lot of people who have purchesed the cutters and get them then turn around and call to say it is defective when it is only can of not understanding the machine or the way it operates. granted we have had defective machines most cases they can be fixed without shipping them back but some times that is the only way to fix the problem. Even Graphtec, Summa and Roland require the customer pay for return shipping costs. We are doing nothing different than they are.

Garry

Guest kenya

there is alot of that on here....  people taking paying jobs and don't even know anything about making decals,what kind of vinyl or tape to use, ,  run their vinyl cutter, or even know  how to vectorize an image.  Then they are fuming, because they can't get there order done. or have wasted 30 ft of vinyl..  these people should look in the mirror and blame themselves.    As with anything, you have to practice, practice, before you should be  accepting any orders.....  my 2c.  

Well said. ;D

What part of you pay to return is unclear?  failure to read the warranty is no excuse as it is layed out in plain English

Warranty Policies & Procedures

If you should experience a problem with your machine,go to support.uscutter.com and click the 'Submit a Ticket' button. You will then be prompted to enter your information and describe the situation. Please be specific in your explanation of the problem.

Our Technical Support Staff will review your ticket and contact you regarding troubleshooting procedures. PLEASE BE PATIENT! Our technicians respond to tickets in the order that they are received. Please reference your original order number.

If your machine is out of warranty, you will be charged $90.00 flat rate for repairs, plus parts. This amount must be paid in full before the machine can be returned.

Technical Support will assist you in troubleshooting and repairing your machine via phone or internet. If we determine that repair can not be accomplished via these methods, an RMA will be issued. A deposit MUST be paid for any replacement parts at the time the part order is placed. It will be refunded upon our receipt of the defective part. You are responsible for shipping costs to and from our facility.

If a part needs to be replaced, it will most likely be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail. If you would like your part faster, expedited shipping is available for an additional charge of $39.99 for overnight shipping and $29.99 for 2 day shipping.

For international parts orders weighing 2 lbs. or less, shipping will $40.00(flat fee).

If your machine requires additional repair, an RMA will be issued to you by one of our technicians. Be advised that your machine needs to be shipped to us in the ORIGINAL BOX with ALL ORIGINAL PACKING MATERIALS. Please include, on a separate sheet of paper, your RMA number, and a detailed list of all the items you are sending back. Failure to adhere to this policy may result in additional charges and/or voiding of warranty. A replacement box can be purchased from www.uscutter.com. The address to send your cutter is as follows: USCutter, 19510 144th ave NE, Ste.C1, Woodinville, WA, 98072.

You are responsible for shipping costs to return the unit to us. A 20 percent restocking fee will be applied to all units returned for refund or credit.

If you pay bargain price don't expect white glove service . . . . even though tech support isn't too bad!

Guest YHC

I didn't say I was unaware of the terms of doing business with them. I'm trying to point out that it shouldn't cost the consumer more money out of their pocket to get a working product that's suppose to work correctly when it arrives. Yes, We are dealing with electronics and there is that chance that something is wrong out of the box. Is that the consumers fault? Nope... and its not even US Cutters fault a lot of the times. But there should be a contract in place to allow US Cutter to be able to take that DOA unit back and get a warranty credit from where they get them so that they can cover their cost of these issues and be able to give a better customer experience.

The other vender's my charge to have things shipped back to but way play follow the leader and not try and offer a better experience then they are? Should a customer have to pay shipping and stocking fees if they just decide they didn't want it? YES! Should a customer have to pay more to get a working product? NO!

I also agree that you shouldn't be taking orders like a lot of you have said before you have your machine working and you have the skills down to provide a good product. But you have to keep in mind that there are the others that have been doing this for awhile and do know what there doing and can't afford to be down long because they decided to upgrade and get a DOA unit that cost them time shipping units and parts back.

Rick, I totally understand your point; but, there are very few machines that need to be returned . MOST of the time our tech support is capable and able to correct the problem without the machine ever leaving their office. Once in awhile we will get a customer that does not want to take the time with the tech to get it working or evene once in awhile there is the need to return it but that is a very low percentage.

Keep in mind our techs work on these machines daily in order to stay on top of the issues our customers may experience.It's not like they are picking a piece of paper out of a hat to see what they can tell the customer this time. Some times it takes patience and an understanding that these lower price machines may just be a little more tempramental (sp). We WANT our customers to has success with the equipment.We want to them to be able to make money on these machines.

Please keep in mind there is always two sides to a story, it's not always US CUTTER nor is it always the customer.

Thank you to all who have voiced your thoughts.

Guest YHC

Thanks for your replies Garry,

I'm sure you guys deal with a lot of user errors and misunderstanding of the hardware and software and can become frustrating.

I want everyone reading to understand that I'm not trying to bash Garry or the company but am trying to offer a new experience that has help the company I work for grow because we tried something that others weren't in my industry and gave the consumer a WOW experience. We found that although the customer my be disappointed in receiving bad equipment; by offering a 30 day no questions ask return and or replacement at no cost made the consumers a happy returning customer. Offering this support has covered any of the extra shipping cost by making sure that customers feel like we have there back and allowed them to feel comfordable buying from us again.

Garry, I really hope you guys do get things in order and can provide a better experience soon. I wish the company the best and hope you guys realize that there are a lot of great members on this forum that have saved you guys a ton of support calls by helping frustrated customers.     

Thanks for your replies Garry,

I'm sure you guys deal with a lot of user errors and misunderstanding of the hardware and software and can become frustrating.

I want everyone reading to understand that I'm not trying to bash Garry or the company but am trying to offer a new experience that has help the company I work for grow because we tried something that others weren't in my industry and gave the consumer a WOW experience. We found that although the customer my be disappointed in receiving bad equipment; by offering a 30 day no questions ask return and or replacement at no cost made the consumers a happy returning customer. Offering this support has covered any of the extra shipping cost by making sure that customers feel like we have there back and allowed them to feel comfordable buying from us again.

Garry, I really hope you guys do get things in order and can provide a better experience soon. I wish the company the best and hope you guys realize that there are a lot of great members on this forum that have saved you guys a ton of support calls by helping frustrated customers.     

If I have read correctly in the past to offer the type of warranty with free returns no questions asked usc would have to add several hundred dollars to the cutter price - instead Marcus took the rout of providing the least expensive cutter available . . . which has got him to where the company is today - now expanding into the higher priced products also.  Most of us are used to the company taking care of the customer as we feel we are  entitled to be - usc just took the lowest cost approach to make it more affordable to all with little risk to themselves to keep cost down.  If it were me yes I would do it the way I want to be treated and I think Ken had a way of easing the sting a little (no offence to the new support staff) . . .I think he could talk a grizzly bear out of a salmon!

I am disappointed in some of these comments.  I will in my defense post the fact that I took the order for the job because I knew how to cut vinyl, I have worked with people in the past who do this.  I did not know a lot about the different types of vinyl but I am very versed in Corel and AI.  It isn't like I just woke up and decided that I would do this, we have been in business over 7 years and take pride in everything that goes out this door.  It is amazing the assumptions that are made regarding the user.  I have a new machine, it is working great, no problems, it is not a us cutter.  As for the vinyl that was to be replaced...never received it, never truly expected it. We were bounced around way too much.  As for overnight shipping, I was told from Washington the only way to get the machine when I wanted it was to drive up and get it, so I did.  As for planning for the job, we received the call 2 days before going to get the cutter.  I want to thank everyone for their opinions but it is much like the USCutter...useless! I am sure that there are a lot of people that are pleased with their cutter and products.  I hope they are, USCutter seemed to me like a good company, did a lot of research on them before actually buying the cutter.  My comments are not a personal attack on USCutter or Garry, they are simply about a product, customer service and making customers jump through hoops to fix problems.  I am sorry it didn't work out for us.

here I go again.Placed another order over the weekend. I was charged Tax....I have a tennessee Tax #....wrote twice to see about it..no reply, nobody answers phone in Memphis or returns my calls....no indication that it has shipped (which it should have,today.

WE will see what tomorrow brings.