MattS

Magnet Rolls

Need to get a roll of magnet but can't spend to much.  I need something that is white that I can put vinyl on. 

One question about the magnet.  Is there much of a difference between the 15mil and the 30 mil.  Will the thinner stuff stay on a vehicle pretty good and last a while.  This application I am doing will just call for the magnet to be on a vehicle for a few days a year.  So will the 15mil be fine for that.

Matt

I use 15ml for bumper stickers with no problems at all. I have used it on side door signs with no problems but nothing smaller than 12x18. The more magnetic MASS the better chance you have of it not blowing off.How much do you need? Some companies just sell a set of sign blanks so you don't have to buy an entire roll.

I need 20 12x12 pieces.  These will all be displayed on tailgates of trucks.  So I guess that 15mil will work fine.

I have been seeing 24 inch x 10 foot rolls for $25.  Is that about normal.

Thats about right if the shipping isn't too high. My local sign supply gets $50 for 25 feet of 30ml.

www.mumpowersignsupply.com

If you have a sign supply place locally,check with them.Where I used to live you could buy by the foot.

I bought a roll of 24 inch x 40 feet a few weeks ago for $66 (20 mil).on ebay. Do an ebay search for magnetic sheets. There are 2 big sellers.Magnets for Less and China Magnet source. I have bought from both and not been disappointed.

I need 20 12x12 pieces.  These will all be displayed on tailgates of trucks.  So I guess that 15mil will work fine.

I have been seeing 24 inch x 10 foot rolls for $25.  Is that about normal.

Saw some @ Michael's Hobby Store.