Sign in to follow this  
ddm00767

tracking problems??

Hi Guys,

Have a job for 4 10' banners. Using SignCut and CS4 Illustrator. I lined the vinyl up both sides, put down the rollers, did a test feed. Vinyl running all over the place, have tried everything several times. Help??? How do I get it to track straight. Never did this before.

yay! 3 hours later and umpteen trials, seems ready to go! Now if it will cut the darn banners I'm set!

How do I get it to track straight

Buy a Graphtec  :rolleyes:

On a serious note glad to see you got it and good luck

Plans are to make enough money with this one to upgrade, IF I can keep the darn thing working.  :-

Hmm good question. Might have a little buildup. But the problem seemed mostly to be with the roll I was using, when finally finished with that color had little trouble with the rest. It was pretty hard to weed also and cut weird, some cuts too deep, some too light, all on same strip. Had practically rerolled the whole roll a couple of times. Bad roll?

Anyway, got the banners done, turned them in Tuesday, guy called me yesterday (Wednesday) for 4 more. Guess he liked them  ;D

I think signcut has an option to cut in order (forgot what it's called) so the vinyl doesn't feed back and forth. it might help with tracking.

Welcome to the Refine world.

I cut 20 yds of about 8 ft lettering sections and after cutting each one separately instead of sending the whole job of two or three and just ordered a graphtec today.