AutoArt

really old software any one can help

I have a very old progam autocad can anyone help me import into signblaster tryed to do it in corel x3 first but still doesnt work

With autocad you should be able to save as a .DXF file that can be imported into SignBlazer.

I have a very old progam autocad can anyone help me import into signblaster tryed to do it in corel x3 first but still doesnt work

Were you able to save your file to .dxf and import to Sign Blazer?

I've had little to no luck importing .dxf files. I think Bruce said they are working on a solution.

I haven't tried anything large but the ones I have tried have come across with no problem.

Yep, very small ones mostly work. I am glad it works for you, usually I have to save to eps and import.

I Have  an old progam in ms dos tryed to save  in dxf, jpg.ai.eps every time i get it into sb and try to inport it comes up blank.I am also having trouble cutting out of coler draw.One more problem I am having trouble geting the font list in the dialog box to show me more then a few fonts there should be 1200T    Thanks for any help

Is your "old program" AutoCAD? If so, why don't you try zipping a few of the files and posting them here so that someone can help you with the exact file you're trying to use.

It sounds like mostly a SB issue. You might want to post this in the Sign Blazer bulleting board, as well as posting it on the Sign Blazer Forum too.

http://www.signblazer.net/forum/index.php

There are a few things to do that will help you import autocad drawings into SB

1) Check your units in both autocad and also SB, if Sb thinks that your units are in miles and not in inches, you probably won't be able to see it. It is probably best to set the units in both programs to inches/feet.

2)  Make sure that at least part of your drawing in autocad is located at 0,0. This is center of what gets imported.

3)  When importing to SB, there is a setting in the view menu called outline/wireframe. If you click this, the black background will disappear and you will be left with the objects you created in autocad.

When importing autocad drawings into Corel 12, the first two of the above suggestions apply and you will be asked to choose the file to import. After you do a window will pop up giving choices as far as 3d projection and scaling. If the drawing you are importing is coming in as a single line instead of the shapes you drew in autocad,  then there may be a problem with the 3D projection. If you created the drawing in top view, you want to make sure that is what is showing in the 3d projection. If you created it in top view but it is showing front view in the 3d projection then the program will just see that view of your drawing and it will show as a single line.

I was able to import autocad R12 and R14 into both SB and Corel. If you have an earlier version you can get a free download of a program called dwg gateway. It will convert one version into another. Here is the link:  http://www.dwggateway.com/.