has anyone ever contour cut with their Copam by pushing the cutting blade down to find your mark since there is no laser?

I have tried contour cutting with my Copam CP2500. No luck...and I have the FlexiStarter 8.6v with Contour Cutting. I just don't think the Copam was design for that.

For one, it is hard to find the proper driver to work with the Copam. As long as you just cutting, many cutter drivers will work. When trying to contour cut, the Copam will not Origin the Reg marks to contour. I used Flexi to do it, if it does work in Flexi... I wouldn't know what will. I actually learned how to Contour with Cut Master thru Flexi for my Graphtec, and that is tricky. The Copam has a lot little glitches, such as the thick teflon cut mat, blade doesn't swivel as easy, and you can not slow it down. The speed settings are not consist... no variations to the settings. If you are doing general sign work...as long as the detail isn't small, the Copam is okay. After purchase my Graphtec after the Copam, I was sold that Graphtec is the best. I would buy the CE5000 Robo Graphtec before any other plotter. Less headaches and you are not skeptical about which graphics it will cut proper.

very interesting, I never thought the copam was that great at cutting small test but as far as you say the copam is good for general sign cutting I agree I think for the price it suits its desire well.  The graphtec is the best most likely I have my eye on the 8000 series graphtec but I have to save for it cannot do it right now. I also have the laserpoint I will have to set up to contour cut with for now but sure look forward to the graphtec.  Thank you for sharing.