Sign in to follow this  
kimmy

I know it's all been said...but i'm swimming in alligators! Gotta sec to help?

I have been using my Lp 24 for about a month now with no major issues . I have had some jagged cuts but when I went back and checked the EPS file it was the file - too many nodes  in one segment of line . I do have one pet peeve issue with it tho ... There is a trim ridge built int the discharge side of the cutting deck and my vinyl keeps on snagging on it when the edge runs over it ..not a huge issue but annoying . 

Cover over the ridge with vinyl or app tape, the ridge on a refine is the front ruler...hate that thing and peeled it off right away, couldn't stand the vinyl snagging on it every time forwards and backwards.

I love my cutter  its the Pcut.  I use it in my store with no problems and its constantly running.  Then I load it up in my concession trailer and do shows where its always running.  If your gonna go portable, spend the money on wiring up the rv with a circuit breaker and surge protector  for the generator use.  My trailer is all wired up with a electric leveler/surge protector, circut breakers and I have a surge protector on the cutter.

I have been using my Lp 24 for about a month now with no major issues . I have had some jagged cuts but when I went back and checked the EPS file it was the file - too many nodes  in one segment of line . I do have one pet peeve issue with it tho ... There is a trim ridge built int the discharge side of the cutting deck and my vinyl keeps on snagging on it when the edge runs over it ..not a huge issue but annoying . 

That trim ridge is for a flat panel adapter that usc sells and is a pia.  everyone uses app tape of vinyl to cover them!

http://www.uscutter.com/Flatbed-Tray-for-Creation-PCut-Set-of-2_p_403.html

Hey...thanks for the link tinaski...they won't ship. Grrr....not sure a 500 dollar cutter is worth a 3000 mile road trip (well....maybe.....;)

On the look out for a reasonably priced cutter. keep me in mind, guys! i'm searching....

How about this deal? It's a Creation procut for in the neighborhood of 500. cutterpros. I actually found one from some website for 550 for free shipping.  Greenmachine has one for sale in the classifiedes on this site for a fraction of the cost....very affordable--like WAY affordable, looks new! but no stand.  Good starter? anyone thing so or not?

Kimmy,

You may also want to look into the GCC Expert. They're about $400 on ebay. They ship from SoCal, I believe. I don't have any experience on it personally, but I heard from owners that they're really happy with it.

Thanks, Hockeygirl--I just went to U-tube (was directed there from one of the ebay auctions) and it looks clean and easy to use. there are actually quite a few videos on this model.

Again, Thank you for your input. This is totally affordable...seems like they offer good support, too. actually has a one year warranty; they sound confident, huh? there were reviews as well from people who were satisfied with the cutter. At this point, i think i'm down to a GCC Expert or a Creation Procut.  24". that oughta get me going...

Guest Marek

I don't want to hijack ..Thanks for the suggestions Tlzimmeman and DakotaG

I started with mh721 and $100 of greenstar and made over $200 so far and only 2 major jobs. The only complaint i have is the MH is very noisy. The best part is having the freedom of a new design on my racing kart every week :rolleyes:.

Good luck.

"The only complaint i have is the MH is very noisy."

For me, that's the sound of money!

Thank you all!! 

I'm leaning towards a *new* GCC expert 24. I'm trying to touch base with their support department to see how much it doesn't suck. Hopefully it doesn't suck alot. :rolleyes: Heck, you can buy it now or best offer on EBAY, with a stand, their software corel and autocad plugins, shipped for something like 420, give or take a bit. not too shabby. Here's the best part: it comes with a 1 year warranty and then an additional 3 mos on top of that. But as one wise cutter suggested...make sure you can connect with their support department....Support spoken in chinese is no help. True, true. :)

we'll see how it goes.  Greenie, I'm probably going to go for the new cutter, so i'm not purchasing your ProCut...sorry, and i appreciate your time. You'll sell it soon, Just wait and see. B)

I surely appreciate all of the help! If anyone out there has a GCC, let's compare notes.

I hope it has that *new cutter smell* LOL

My family dose not like the "sound of money!" When im cutting late at night :rolleyes:

My family dose not like the "sound of money!" When im cutting late at night :rolleyes:

LOL mine either, but I just tell them if they would come help....it wouldn't take as long....

ZING!

Kimmy,

I tried this same concept while living in my motorhome in San Diego. This is what I've learned from that experience.

-Be very organized! As you know RV living can be quite pleasant, however, space must be maintained and organized because of the general lack of it.

My set-up was custom; I removed the bench seating on one side and replaced the table with another that extended to the wall. With that, I had much more storage for shop materials and equipment. Even so, the space always 'seemed' cluttered.

I managed to run a 24" PCut, 16x20 heat press, Epson 1400 printer, and all of the necessary tools, ect.

Most of my work was vintage sci-fi related, so I targeted Roswell, San Jose Bay Area UFO Expo, Inernational UFO Congess @ Laughlin, NV.I had a great time doing it! Sadly, I never made it to Bonneville for the land speed records! Maybe this year.

Good luck.....you've got a great idea!

-Chase

Hey Chase,

Thank you so much for the advice. I hear you...even tho we have a 37' class A, we also have four rowdy kids (okay three rowdy kids, the youngest is only a month old LOL) and there is *&^% EVERYWHERE! I'm layin' down the law!

Really, i'm just thinking of doing simple graphics, like "Got Sand" or whatever....stuff like that. We have a ton of Hare scrambles (District 37!) and desert races around here, in addition to tons of other recreation, like RC cars, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, hiking, kayaking, etc. I'm hoping. The motorhome is really just going to be a workspace when we're out and about.  But i seriously need to get organized anyways, that advice never hurt anyone.

Thanks for writing. :thumbsup:

Just another option, my first cutter was a Signmax 24" that came with the stand & WinPCSing basic for about 500 bucks & that machine was a TANK. Never had a single problem with it. Its a rebranded Redsail, not really sure if any other companies are using it under another name but I definately give it a thumbs up.  :thumbsup:

And yes it is noisy too. REALLY noisy compared to my Roland LOL!