Dr Smith

ce5000 orientation messed up

Hope someone knows an easy answer for this one  :thumbsup:. On my cutmaster 2 screen it shows the orientation as portrait and also in graphtec cutting plotter controller is shows the same portrait orientation, but when I go to cut it cuts in landscape. Any ideas? I'm at a lost looked online and in the manual, no luck.

I really don't understand why you want it on portrait.  No matter what I do, I have mine On Architecture D,  Why is this making a difference for you to be on portrait?  It does not change the cutting.  I have ran mine on Architecture D for 4 years.  Landscape   on Flexistarter.8.5 and 8.6.  I just leave it on Achitecture D whether I am importing small designs or large designs. . It doesn't change the cutting.

May be portrait is the wrong word. The "F" it in cutmaster 2 shows the orientation. When it shows the F standing up my cutter cuts like the F is laying on it's back. I hope this is making some sense. I'm having a hard time describing it.

Are you on the CUT/PLOT screen? or where?  The F is to mirror in mine.  Don't you have a little MAN on a button next to the F?  That is the direction you are placing the image on your layout.

The F is to mirror in mine.  Don't you have a little MAN on a button next to the F?

listen to the little man :thumbsup:

Well now it froze up. I do have the little man and when I get this thing rebooted I will listen to him  :thumbsup:

I think I know where you are at now..   Your referring to the  F on the cutting  controller screen showing the different directions of the vinyl going into the cutter.  Is that correct?  or somewhere else?  I don't ever change the F's on the cutting controller.  There are 4 pictures, I have the right one on the top and bottom checked. Design Orientation and media orientation. 

Yes, in the design orientation I have the right side box checked and in the media orientation box I have to have the right box checked to get it to cut in the right orientation.

Ha, now it cuts just fine :thumbsup:. Well just call me stupid. Not sure what I messed up before, but it's cutting fine right now.

Now to get make to trying to contour cut ;D.

Thanks for helping

That makes two of us. What I think I might have been doing is checking the left box in the "media orientation" choice and that was making the "F" upright which I thought it had to be.

ok,   but also,  on the cut/plot screen in Cutting Master 2 the "little Man"  next to the mirror button F moves in 4 different directions, so you can get your design to cut the way you want on your vinyl. Horizantal, vertical, left right....

I did mess around a bit with the little man, "that sounds bad  :thumbsup:" and that might have contributed to my stupidity.

Now I trying to contour cut and that is a whole other thread. I should however go to bed this has been a rough evening.

I did mess around a bit with the little man, "that sounds bad  ;D" and that might have contributed to my stupidity.

That's exactly the type of people I work with every day :thumbsup:

Dr. Smith -

Were you able to solve this issue or are you still experiencing difficulties with vinyl orientation in relation to a cut?

I did. I think I just played with too many functions and got a little confused. Things are working as they should.

Thanks for asking  ;)