Sign in to follow this  
freeworld_graphix

What should I charge?

Just wondering what I should charge for a returning customer that could possible be buying many many of these.  It is also for a non- profit organization is what I was told.  Here it is and he wants them in 18x11.5  and 6x3.5

RideNatureLogo-Copy2.jpg

If I were you, id cut one at the smaller size and see how it weeds..  That distressing is going to be a PITA.

Well, I made one about 10" wide and it took me approx. 7 min. to weed it.  It is quite detailed however I touched it up to make it a little easier.  So, what do yall think now.

I still think you should cut one of the smaller sizes and see how your cutter does.  The distressing is a whole lot of extra wear and tear on the cutter, not to mention the weeding time.  You may not even be able to get that small text good enough on the 6x3.5 decal.

At 8 minutes of weeding time, I probably wouldn't even quote it.  If they came back with an order for 500 decals...

If it was me, I'd ask if they were ok for removing the distressing from the text (distress is ok for screenprinting, etc, not so much for vinyl) and if they said ok, I'd find out how many they want.  Are they going to order 10 or 250?  If they are absolutely deadset on leaving the distress, I'd sub them digitally.

Get them printed if they need that font. PM me, i offer wholesale printing and can do these for you and your customer  :thumbsup:

See I do smaller jobs like that, I just figure  how long it takes  to load the machine  cut  and weed one  tack on a few mins  and  divide it into  my shop rate  plus material.  SOme of the harder smaller jobs like that have paid well cause no one else will do them

See I do smaller jobs like that, I just figure  how long it takes  to load the machine  cut  and weed one  tack on a few mins  and  divide it into  my shop rate  plus material.  SOme of the harder smaller jobs like that have paid well cause no one else will do them

Sure, but by using that method of pricing, the decals are going to be $15 each, which the customer is likely going to balk at.

Sure, but by using that method of pricing, the decals are going to be $15 each, which the customer is likely going to balk at.

When customers balk, I usually have a pretty easy time reasoning with them as to why the decals cost what they cost, and what we may be able to do to make the cost go down.  I might even immediately follow the statment of price with...."and the reason these are so expensive is because of the distressing causes the labor time in each decal to go way up" or something like that. 

Yeah they have balked before, but in the end normally always end up getting them. The other vinyl shops around here wont even  price them.  Now with the more they order the more the price will go down of course and I tell them that too.

For the 18 x 11.5 decal, I came up with a price of $14.49 per decal

For the 6 x 3.5 decal, I came up with $1.50 per decal.

For the smaller one, I'd tell them to have it printed, maybe on clear vinyl, because it's WAY to detailed and will cause too much wear & tear on the cutter.