Sign in to follow this  
hawkeyeent

Offset for Refine MH721

So I was having a few issues cutting recently... after browing the boards for the last 5 days, I realized a few things wrong with my setup (this will come back to haunt me I'm sure!): I didn't have a ground wire, the cutting head was off track, and I had the blade a bit further out than I should. That being said, I had some inconsistent cuts (esp. small logos) and some bulge areas. I fixed these things and now its cutting like a champ... however I think it could cut a bit better in corners. My conclusion: I need to adjust the offset, however, I'm unsure whether to set it on the motherboard or with my software (Signblazer).

I was about to ditch the MH but after a last ditch effort, I'm glad I worked with it. If anyone can give advice on how to setup the MH721 with Signblazer it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

Blade offset is adjusted in SignBlazer.  In the cutter screen, select the setup button.  There you'll find the offset.  Usually should be set to .25 mm depending on the blade (should be marked on the packaging).

Thanks a lot you guys. I saw the chart on another thread and I felt like it may be my missing link (I may have it too low). I'll try it this afternoon

Got it to about .30 and seems to be fine. Out of 10 2" decals, it over cut twice. at .20 is has a very slight curve to it. I think .25 will work pretty good, what does everyone else set theirs at? I have a 45 degree blade in the as well