Sign in to follow this  
gprockhill

frustrating- stray cuts

Equipment & Software: Creation PCut 24 inch, SignCut Pro & Sign Blazer, Vista op system, Corel Draw

Each time I send an item to the cutter it creates a number of stray cuts. Beginning with an X but then horizontally thru out the piece.

I am using the blade that came with cutter. It has been set correctly by a friend who has been in the sign business for 20 years.

I have tested, in increments everything from pressure (115-120) to speed (30-50), to blade offset ( now set to 00) with no resolution to this issue. The manual indicated a correlation between cut speed and possible stray marks on the vinyl. As stated, this advice was of no consequence when tried.  At wits end. Ready to set the machine at the curb. Perhaps someone might suggest a solution to this issue?

Thanks in advance.

PS: The test rectangle cuts fine. So, I thought it was a software issue, I changed cutting software and had the same stray marks.

Also forgot to mention- these marks still appear when all weed marks, registration marks, etc have been turned off.

A lot of people say this is caused my static electricity issues...I have never had the problem. Make sure the cutter is grounded with the ground wire that came with it,or any bit of wire. The grounding through the plug does not take away static electricity build-up.

Thank you. I saw no grounding wire in the packaging but will try to do this. What sort of wire should I get, I presume at the hardware store..? This feels like progress.

any piece of wire will do. Run it from a screw on the bottom of the cutter to the stand or if you don't have a stand, any metal object should do. Like i said I have never needed to ground a cutter so I don't have any first hand experience. Just going by what others have posted.

How are you connected to the cutter? are you using a serial port or USB??? I had severe problems with static electricity AND the fact that I was using the usb connection. Someone suggested ( on this board) to wipe your vinyl down with a dryer sheet as well as ground your cutter. that worked wonderfully but the only thing that cured my machine from making random cuts was to find an old computer that had a serial port and connect the cutter that way. I have wasted a TON of siser t shirt vinyl until I connected via serial port and have NOT had one bit of problem since!

Renee

Wow. Interesting. USB connection. I don't think I have a serial connection. I guess I will try a piece of wire. Thank you both.

Does this happpen also on a simple 5 x 5 cm square cut?

Is it on all cuts and always the same cuts?

How is the humidity where the plotter runs?

Paco

The wire did not work. I had also submitted a ticket with US Cutter and they could not have been more helpful. The conclusion after a bit of discussion was that this issue was likely caused by a bad motherboard. While the machine is under warranty the thought of replacing the motherboard in the hopes that it might work did not appeal to me. My business is growing and as such I decided to upgrade my machine to a Copam. Tech support helped me through this process. That, as they say, is that. :thumbsup:

I hope so. I have heard good things and look forward to my learning curve not being hampered by these types of technical issues.