Gifts United

Signblazer contour jpg question

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. So much info makes my head spin. But that's a good thing.

I have LP24. No real problems yet. Lot's to learn. I'm looking to do lot's of contour cutting for T-shirt Trans & other.

Finally got something going right. So I thought. I have been using the pen for this testing. Good thing too. Will probably run out of ink soon, lol

Using SBE start to finish.

I just can't seem to find a step by step.

working with bmp,jpg.etc. I have Ai CS3, Inkscape, Signcut pro,Photoshop,Corel Draw and of course SBD.

Looking for best way to take jpg, with cutouts through out photo and contour them.

Let me see if I can explain in better detail.

Let's say I have a jpg of Our American Flag.

say I have 10 of them. 8x10. Paper with backing

I want to put them on a white t-shirt. BUT I want the white stars cut out so the t-shirt shows through.

So I bring it into SignBlazer Elements as a jpg. I get SignBlazer to print with Rej marks. This works great.

How do I create the contour line around the stars for the plotter to cut out the stars. so they mach up using RegMarks.

I have tried many things. Just when I think I got it. It crashes or just don't work.

*note: I did get (This Is Great) to contour cut as needed from previous post.Why it did not work the first time. Don't know? Just made larger work space and it worked.

I will try to reply when I can. Unfortunately I have a job that's demands more time then I like to give.

One day maybe my business will take off. I do sublimation,Photography,Photo repairs and manipulation,etc.

I thank you in advance. Lot's of knowledge out here.

I am replying to my own message. I have discovered my problem I do believe.

What I found after connecting to the serial port, as well as USB and still getting the same problem.

Course I was trying to Cut a print using the RegMarks.

I would follow the instruction's as posted, So I thought to the T.

What I discovered.

You must actuality print the photo out with your RegMarks ( had this part working long ago). But for testing purpose I would only click print, Then click finish, Then go back to cut a print to test weather I did something correct or not. I would follow the rest instructions. Lineament,CUT,  Then BAAM. fatal crash. Program must close.

This way I would not waste paper. Printing out my jpg over and over to have it not work each time. I was just looking to put the contour line on a blank paper. Anyway print your work first, This worked for me. I have a idea. I will get back to you on that.

After print, work your photo as needed,  Polyline, Monocrome, Vectorise, What ever one needs to, I found just leaving the jpeg as is and useing the Polyline the cut mask on/off, then cut a Print worked for what I needed.

Now I am moving on to layering letter's and such. I see if I use cutter directly off of work area, I can print the different color layers as needed,

I am going to play when I am done. Well maybe read some first. I only need to know how to put a lineament mark on each layer?

I seen something around here somewhere. I will just have to fined it. If you know please let me know. Thank you.

;D Yes. My idea did work. Here it go's .

1) Download cutepdfwriter at http://www.cutepdf.com/

2) Import your jpg

3) When you go to print. ( Make sure your RegMarks are present) choose cutepdfwriter as you printer. Save file as :thumbsup:.pdf Remember were you saved it.

4) Go to work area and do your contour lines etc.

5) Now Cut a Print. on any blank paper. over and over front and back. Test different file's without wasting paper on printing. when your done. Delete your ;D.pdf file

True you will not know weather your contour line's are matching up to you work. But you will know that the software and plotter are working correctly.

I could have used this in the begging,

This is just for testing or any other reason you may want to use it for.

PS

If this is idea is already out their. Sorry I did not see it.