Sign in to follow this  
djwicket

Problems with the Roland CutStudio Plug-in for Illustrator

Hey, complete newbie to this: just got a little Roland SV-8 to start a small business customizing shirts and am having issues getting it set up. I'm reposting this from the Illustrator section of the forum in hopes of finding someone who has experienced (and resolved) this issue.

I'm working with a Mac (OS 10.5.), and Illustrator CS3 with the Cutstudio plug-in.

I tried sending a design to the cutter, just to see if i could get it to work but once i press the "send to cutter" button... nothing happens. There's no response from the cutter. I've tried reading everything on Roland's website, and I've tried cutting all lines, from selection, all marked, all layer...

From what I've read it seems like I shouldn't need to download a driver, but for some reason my mac and new plotter just are not getting along.

If you know of any good resources, or can point out something I've missed, any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Amanda

Have you checked for updates to the sowftware on the roland website?

Chances are there are updates for the software that was shipped with your cutter.