scarecrowglass

hey US... heres a f******G tip!

This is actually not accurate. Every one of our cutters comes with SignCut except for Roland and Graphtec units. We do not send SignCut with a Roland or a Graphtec because they come with proprietary equivalents.

OP: If you are having trouble with SignBlazer and you have Illustrator I highly recommend downloading and installing SignCut Pro. SignCut integrates with adobe Illustrator extremely well and since you seem to already be proficient in Illustrator this will probably help greatly. If you would like some pointers on SignBlazer Elements just give me a call or read any of the resources that we have available. CRD has a great newbie manual that is available on this forum. We also have a support site (www.support.uscutter.com) which has a knowledge-base and a download section with manuals, guides, and all sorts of other helpful items specifically for the software and the cutter that you are trying to use. In short, the resources that you need are completely available to you. You need to choose whether or not you want to learn how to use this software this machine.

I just bought and rec'd my new MH871 from you guys. It did NOT include anything besides a SB cd. No SignCut.

I just bought and rec'd my new MH871 from you guys. It did NOT include anything besides a SB cd. No SignCut.

it would be a signcut licence number that is applied to a download I believe - check your paperwork

it would be a signcut licence number that is applied to a download I believe - check your paperwork

Paperwork? It came with a SB cd and an operation manual.

Strike that. I just opened the other box of additional supplies I ordered separately and there is a signcut flyer in a ziploc baggie with a registration code. Yay! Thx

Strike that. I just opened the other box of additional supplies I ordered separately and there is a signcut flyer in a ziploc baggie with a registration code. Yay! Thx

Someone sneaked it in while you were not looking lol

Oh OP, i feel your pain..

When i first got my cutter i almost cried when i couldn't get drivers working, then trying to work out flexisign, trying to cut instead of tear, different quality types of vinyl..

THEN figuring out how to edit eps's in photoshop.

Major learning curve that i almost gave up quite a few times it was so damn frustrating.

6 months on, i feel like an expert... compared to when i first bought the cutter.

I've never used signblazer, wouldn't mind having a go though, just worried about possible problems with having 2 cutting softwares. knowing my luck i'll install signblazer and all my settings will disappear.. :huh:

My cutter came with artcut, that cd is quite useful... as a drink coaster.. :lol:

using SBE for 3 years and found it does have some glitches from time to time but recovers every time with no data loss and that is unreal! and it vectorizes just fine. does anyone know where i can get the pro ver. its realy powerfull based on the help files, Email me

look in your paperwork - it will be a licence number on a paper with download instructions

Why is support so quick to answer a comment about the software they offer and not so quick with answers about the machines? Software is not my problem, I have the best software on the market in my opinion, but I am having a little trouble with my plotter- MH 721. It can't seem to cut a straight line anymore. TrueType fonts don't cut like what's on the screen, the letters are lopsided, the holes in the lowercase letters are not closed, I have to do a lot of hand cutting. There have been times when I turn on the plotter, it goes through the process of setting the zero XY position, then it will act as if it is trying to go farther down than the default position. I have to turn the machine off, wait, and turn it back on; sometimes, it keeps doing it, sometimes, not. This is the first major problem I've had with this machine, don't know what's going on with it or how to fix it; would really appreciate some help.

Look at the dates of those posts ... The support staff spent more time on the forum back then . USCutter does want this to be a tech support forum , they want it to be a " help the beginner vinyl cutter forum " . They want people who are having problems with a cutter etc to submit a support ticket or call ( that has only been posted a zillion times :) ) . It was refreshing to read this thread again . A BIG pat on the back to Ninja for his response & all the professional conduct that the USC people & the members of this forum made . The OP said he had " mind numbing " issues ... I think 1 was being had when typing the 1rst post !!! :lol:

Why is support so quick to answer a comment about the software they offer and not so quick with answers about the machines? Software is not my problem, I have the best software on the market in my opinion, but I am having a little trouble with my plotter- MH 721. It can't seem to cut a straight line anymore. TrueType fonts don't cut like what's on the screen, the letters are lopsided, the holes in the lowercase letters are not closed, I have to do a lot of hand cutting. There have been times when I turn on the plotter, it goes through the process of setting the zero XY position, then it will act as if it is trying to go farther down than the default position. I have to turn the machine off, wait, and turn it back on; sometimes, it keeps doing it, sometimes, not. This is the first major problem I've had with this machine, don't know what's going on with it or how to fix it; would really appreciate some help.

a good place to start or call support

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit