I have a customer that I will be striping four cars for

I will be using Oracal 751 cast and they asked about a warranty never had a customer ask this before

what does everyone offer as a warranty??

I don't go down that road with customers, except maybe for installed signage.

You have no way of knowing how a person will treat their vehicles, what/how they will wash them, abuse etc.  If anything, I tell them the expected life of the vinyl under normal conditions (i.e. published values from the manufacturer).

On signage, you can make a reasonable guess as to the conditions it will face.

I don't go down that road with customers, except maybe for installed signage.

You have no way of knowing how a person will treat their vehicles, what/how they will wash them, abuse etc.   If anything, I tell them the expected life of the vinyl under normal conditions (i.e. published values from the manufacturer).

On signage, you can make a reasonable guess as to the conditions it will face.

+1 on that

Tell them it will be finished to their satisfaction.

Dont know about you guys, but I believe you should give them a concrete warranty.

Once your off my concrete, warranty's over  :huh:

My brother and I used to sell used cars,  we had a 5-5 warranty, ....5ft or 5 seconds, whichever came first.   :huh:  Just kidding  LOL 

I warranty FTA graphics I sell online, and storefronts.  I would never warranty a car.

I warranty FTA graphics I sell online, and storefronts.  I would never warranty a car.

What is your warranty for RTA graphics sold online?

I think I would have a harder time warranting something sold on line just because you don't have any control over the application. Guess you can say as long as directions are followed or something like that. Thanks to everyone for their input

I thought about doing a lifetime warranty...

The warranty would be only valid with a copy of the invoice and void if the decal was applied improperly.  The catch, the warranty is for a replacement decal, does not include removing the old decal and applying the new one.  Removal and application would be at an additional charge :thumbsup:  With the cost of supplies such a low percent of the actual decal cost, I could easily re-do a few decals.  In fact, I probably mess up more decals myself then I would get warranty claims.

I think I would be covered in several ways, them not having a copy of the invoice, the ability to not warranty the product if improperly applied and at the end of the day, if even 10% of my customers came back 5 years later, I would build a huge customer base as a reputable sign supplier.

Just my thoughts for a sales pitch.

I thought about doing a lifetime warranty...

The warranty would be only valid with a copy of the invoice and void if the decal was applied improperly.  The catch, the warranty is for a replacement decal, does not include removing the old decal and applying the new one.  Removal and application would be at an additional charge :thumbsup:  With the cost of supplies such a low percent of the actual decal cost, I could easily re-do a few decals.  In fact, I probably mess up more decals myself then I would get warranty claims.

I think I would be covered in several ways, them not having a copy of the invoice, the ability to not warranty the product if improperly applied and at the end of the day, if even 10% of my customers came back 5 years later, I would build a huge customer base as a reputable sign supplier.

Just my thoughts for a sales pitch.

The only problem I see with that is determining the definition of "applied improperly".  A customer could apply a decal quite properly to a dirty window, only to have it blow/fall off in a few days.  A customer could clean the surface, but with the wrong cleaner, or wax it afterwards, and you have the same situation.  To pull this off, you would need a pretty comprehensive legal-ese to accompany your "lifetime warranty".  This is all assuming you are talking about RTA vinyl.

Nonetheless, I agree that your cost of replacement vinyl will probably be less than the value of a "lifetime warranty" to many customers.  Indeed, it has worked well for Kia and Hyundai.

What is your warranty for RTA graphics sold online?

If you mess it up during application, mail it back and I'll send you a new one, once.

Never had it happen.