Sign in to follow this  
BannerJohn

another non-cutter question

I'm finally getting this Mac thing down...solved the YouTube problem. Now, here is the current problem. I use Opera for my browser...have for years. I like it. The current version..10.52 I think, crashes as soon as it opens. This is on both leopard and Tiger...

I have researched the problem and it seems to be common. There are suggestions to fix it, some work,some don't. So I went and found an older version of Opera and it works with no problems. Anybody else use Opera on a Mac,and have you had this problem?

Glad to hear you got your youtube issues straightened out! What turned out to be the problem? 

Doubled the memory,upgaded to Leopard,and got a video card with twice the onboard memory. No idea which one did teh trick.

do you know anything about Audacity on the mac?

I've never tried it.  We don't do much audio production, and what we do, we use Garageband and Soundbooth.

I have noticed the latest build of Seamonkey (another browser) didn't work great on my MBP.  It ran but was very sluggish so I had to go back to the previous version, so I can relate to your Opera issues.

I just use Audacity to record streaming audio. It comes with a Mac version but just doesn't seem to work. Do you know of another app that records streaming audio?