Sign in to follow this  
xpfguy

With Illustrator CS5 i cant cut now ;-(

I was running trial version of CS4 with no problems and did not plan to buy it since CS5 was due out soon.

Now I downloaded trial version of CS5 and Cutting Master 2 is not "compatible"

I'm running mac computers with a Graphtec CE5000-60.

I only use the cutter occasionally so does anyone have any ideas to get me cutting until the CM2 upgrade for CS5 comes out.

Big question, Do I have to have Cutting Master 2 installed and working for my Mac to send file for the CE5000-60 to cut them, is there another way?

Thanks,

Jason

since you are using a Mac you are more limited,  but you can try the trial version of Signcut. Not sure about CS5 with it though,  it's good for a week with each email address.

I did just try that and things are working sort of?

I like signcut better than CM2 already. It just has a better feel and options are easy to find.

Had to switch my command on the cutter for some reason for it to cut.

I'll keep updates of my progess.

Jason

yes, you do have to change the commands,  One command is for the Graphtec software, the other command is to use OTHER software (HP-GL)

I personally use Flexistarter and have for 4 years.  I had it before I got my Graphtec and still continue to use it.  Very user friendly,  They also have a version for MAC

thanks for the info.

SigncutPro trial is working fine with Illustrator CS5, although CS5 is crashing on start up..... I think due to me changing the extension plugins so many times trying to get different things to work. I may try a reinstall of CS5.

I will look to see if there is a trial for Flexistarter and try that also.

Should be spending some money soon, when I decide which software works best for me.

Jason

there is no trial for Flexistarter,   that I am aware of.  but you can purchase a demo copy of FlexiPro,  but you can't cut with it.

purchase a demo copy, but not cut with? i don't understand... does this replace CS5?

why upgrade ai to cs5 unless your doing way more than cutting. The improvements over cs2 are really not signifigant in that form unless yourt super intensive drawing and doing way more than vinyl graphics with this.

why upgrade ai to cs5 unless your doing way more than cutting. The improvements over cs2 are really not signifigant in that form unless yourt super intensive drawing and doing way more than vinyl graphics with this.

I like to blow my money, rather waste it than let the dems get it and spread it around. j/k

I had no version of Illustrator except CS4 trial version and then CS5 came out so that's what I bought.

I manually moved the CM2 plugins and now everything works fine.