Sign in to follow this  
jayben03

???Bubble Vinyl???Gel Filled???

I was at work yesterday and one of my friends showed me a new type of vinyl it looked like it was filled with gel but it was sticking out from the vehicle? This made my jaw drop and I didnt even want to see what the price was. But before i went back to my area in the store he showed me a car wrap and it was like the car was wet but it was just the vinyl. It was all over the car and was sticking out from the outside of the car like actual rain on the car. I have searched all over the internet to fin a picture but was not able to. If there is someone in this forum that has an idea of what I am talking about I would really appreciate it because I was wondering how it was made and if I could cut it with my cutter. I hope that someone in here knows what I am talking about because I really dont want to look stupid. LOL Thanks in advance guys

jason

I have answered my own question kinda I found this at a site from overseas and I apologize about the size of the photo but its all I could find. I hope someone knows what this is called. It looks like it is the next thing to come out in vinyl.

post-1134-12986514026926_thumb.jpg

post-1134-12986514076196_thumb.jpg

It could be the domed decals I've seen. A decal is cut and then a epoxy is put over them.  The surface tension makes it dome until it hardens.

if i understand u rigth thre is a pattern vinyl y can cut . it is a qwlety one and you will have to ajust yuore machin preshor .

a good company which i saw the rain drop's pattern in the catalog is d-c-fix i use them white the silver and withe a velved (like flok but vinyl) you can also cut wood pattern ect.

The vinyl looks like it was filled I have seen it being injected with something :why: but I am not to sure I will ask the guys at work when I go back on thursday. Hopefully they still have the site saved so I can get it and post a better pic.