Sign in to follow this  
orbitgrfx

Help w/ Signblazer to MH-871 communication

I've studied the forums alot since receiving the MH 871 last month. It's all set up and I wanted to cut today, however, I get an error code.....'can not open the output device. Error initializing cutter.'

I am running XP Pro fully updated, Signblazer, and the serial cable to the cutter. In the Cutter Setup window, I don't see a cutter listed for Refine or MH 731/871. There is a selection for USCut UC700. Is this the correct cutter?

The MH 871 plots as a test run from the cutter controls, but not from the PC.

What is the proper procedure for getting the computer to recognize the cutter?

Signblazer note: I'm using the cracked UK version without the nag screens.

Thanks for all your help.

-Chase

Chase I had this same problem with my cutter this week. I was trying to use it on a new laptop . Long story short....I have  to unplug the electric cord on the computer and then all works fine. Tech said there is probably a kinked wire inside the cutter. I could take it apart and fix it, but just unplugging the charger does the trick. When I set up my cutter, I used the 1351 cutter, as the 871 wasn't in the list. You checked to see which port the computer had assigned the cutter to, right?  Call uscutter for help. They answered me very quickly and really helped me out.Sandy

Thanks Sandy for your advice. I'll do just that, however, the 1351 is not listed either. I must be missing some driver software that was originally included on the SB download.

Does anyone use the HotShot version with registration? I'd like to download the copy if so.

you cannot registar  the software, is no longer in business,  you can go to the top of the Signblazer thread and download the full cutter version,  it is free

You checked to see which port the computer had assigned the cutter to, right? 

+1  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: