Sign in to follow this  
tinaski

contour cutting question - i need hpgl code so i can compare what i have

im using linux and tux plot to cut vinyl from inkscape most of the time. i know inkscape cant put in reg marks so for that i use adobe in wine but in WINE it cant cut from there becouse of there being an issue with WINE and USB.

anyway - i have a design in abode i save it with reg marks and open it in inkscape and from there i print it

i take it over to the graphtec and put in the paper and set the cutter up for SHEET and i hit pause and then auto reg marks hit enter it finds all 4 reg marks no problem but it then stops at the 4th mark and stays there and the x and y axes show up on the screen with a bunch of 000000 (im doing this from memory i could be a little off)

back in inkscape i draw an out line around the image i want to be cut and del the rest i try to send it the cutter doesnt do anything - if i try to send it with out finding reg marks it just cuts way off like it normally would do

what i am asking for is there anyone that can set up a countour cut - and send me a few files so i can compare my hpgl code to yours -- what i need is

file 1 - the image jpeg - or vector what ever you were printing

file 2 - save as above but with reg marks

file 3 - save the reg mark file as HPGL or PLT

and if you may thing of another file please feel free to send it

with this info i am hoping to be able to figure out if there is a command that tells the cutter to turn on optical eye

thanks alot i hope there is someone willing to help me

if not that fine i will just have to install windows but i really dont have the time to set up a hole system just for that one test