Sign in to follow this  
Booper

How to tell the wife?

I just got home with a brand new Roland GX-24 that is currently sitting in its box in my basement, wife is gonna be home in about 40 minutes & I gotta come up with some way to explain how on earth it got there! Maybe if I dont say anything at all she wont notice it LOL!

Guest YHC

First thing I would do is not make it all about you. Big NO NO! I would tell her that you bought something that will give you guys a hobby that will provide some bonding time together and a chance to make money as well.

If this doesn't work your screwed lol

Ah man, been there. You might just need to rip off that bandaid quick. ;D

My wife just suggested that you might want to wrap it and put a bow on it. LOL

LOL! Yeah ive used the reverse the heat technique on her before and she's wise to it, and she hates weeding so thats out, If the bandaid one doesnt work its off to the jewelry store I think LOL!

Why would she be upset you bought something to improve your income with? My wife is more than happy anything new i buy, including my 30" versacamm i bought in November for $12,000

Hide - maybe she won't find you - I  know from experience Hide and hide well

When she walks in - confront HER about why SHE bought it.  LOL.  Hey, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS.  I guess we'll have to keep it.  :-

Guest fivestar

Tell her "woman, I bought a new cutter and if you don't like it then don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you".  Then run very fast. ;D ;D ;D

If your wife is like mine. You're going to be cutting out alot of feminine items for a while. LoL

Just make sure she agrees to do the weeding to take care of it  ;D

Yeah she came home and I said "C'MON lets go down to the basement and get this dance over with!!" I held the 1 year old in my arms as a human shield LOL!

She was pissed for about 10 minutes, had a smoke and a beer and now she's ok with "whatever the hell that thing is you just bought" LOL!

You'll love it!  I know my husband tried to reason with me about getting a 48" cheaper cutter...of course I didn't  listen to him!

Guest kenya

Congrats on your new purchase Booper............... I NEVER say a word when my hubby buys a new TOOL. It's an investment !!!

Have a beer & celebrate. Post some work done with it !!!!  ;D

Guest Schramm

Cant help you with this one as I run everything by my wife

Cant help you with this one as I run everything by my wife

yep me too. so no surprises in my house. as my wife HATES surprises with a passion, especially from me.

Yeah the baby was definatly my saving grace, she wont hit me holding the first born LOL!

This thing is AWESOME, its like the first time you have caviar.... you can never go back to tunafish LOL!

Yeah the baby was definatly my saving grace, she wont hit me holding the first born LOL!

This thing is AWESOME, its like the first time you have caviar.... you can never go back to tunafish LOL!

I'll take the Roland over caviar any day (even tuna yuck)

Your first mistake was hiding it in the basement. In my experience.....displaying an item on the dining room table for her to see when she comes through the door works best. I've found a properly timed statement of "Honey..look what I bought you" will also assist in sealing the deal.

All relationships are obviously not created equal to apparently give others a goal to obtain.

you could just tell her that your girl friend bought it for you. then she will be so mad about your girl friend that she will forget you bought the cutter.

or you could just be honest with her.