Guest Marek

T-shirt experiment

Hydrogen peroxide will neturalize the bleach, not the most economic way, but will do the trick till I can get the anti-chlor.

How do you get the vinyl to stick to the shirt,when i try ed it the vinyl pulled of,thanks.

Guest Marek

I was really carefull pulling it up . If that doesn't work take your transfer paper and get it to stick less by sticking it to your table a few times before you put it on your vinyl . It could be that your transfer paper is stickier than your vinyl .

Boomerbabe !!!!  Thanx Girl !!!  B) 8) I'm gonna have to take a run down there . Some of their dyes and inks would be awesome ...Hmmm  vinyl+screen+dye+airbrush= more than one shirt/stencil B) I'm sensing another experiment coming on .

Guest Marek

Some of today's stuff .

My gearhead buddies boy loves cars and his initials are GT

Front

DSC_0734c.jpg

Back

DSC_0735c.jpg

My Brother has a huge love of skulls so I did up 2 for him , the first I loosely based on Faders avatar Because he was drooling over it one day when he was checking out the forum with me .

Front

width=566 height=600http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o202/MarekN/shirt/DSC_0736c.jpg[/img]

Back

width=546 height=600http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o202/MarekN/shirt/DSC_0737c.jpg[/img]

Front

width=569 height=600http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o202/MarekN/shirt/DSC_0738c.jpg[/img]

Back

width=399 height=600http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o202/MarekN/shirt/DSC_0741c.jpg[/img]

I think I'm starting to get the hang of the airbrush...just need more practice ...Thanks TSquirtz

Very impressive work. for the lines are you airbushing them in or is that where you had the shirt wrinkled?

Man those are really looking good!

I did one for the boss here and he loved it!

Marek I noticed in your past post that you were using a single action airbrush, You really owe it to yourself to try a double action, a lot more control!

Press down for air and pull back for paint (or bleach ;)).

I'll try and get a picture of the one I did.

what are you guys using for paints when doing the painted ones? and how is it diluted? id love to try this on some old shirts, that could be a nice way to advertise

;) :thumbsup:to everyone!

He is using a positive vinyl stencil and bleach to remove color from the shirt.

If you want to use paint any of the textile paints will work (Createx, AquaFlow for airbrushing, must be heatset)

hey t

what do you mean by possitive vinyl,,,? is that just regular vinyl

By positive vinyl he means it was cut like you would do a normal decal. He then applied it to the shirt to mask that area off from the bleach. then when done he removed the vinyl from the shirt to show the protected area underneath

He is using a positive vinyl stencil and bleach to remove color from the shirt.

If you want to use paint any of the textile paints will work (Createx, AquaFlow for airbrushing, must be heatset)

thank you, i suppose to heatset them you would need one of the heat presses, i wonder what else would work for that.

To heatset airbrush paint a heatpress is ideal, but you can use a heat gun, but be careful.

When I first started airbrushing, I heatset a bunch of shirts with a radiant space heater. ;)

Guest Marek

Ok I decided I really like this whole shirt thing . I guess I'm gonna have to get a heatpress .  ;D  ;)

Hey Squirt .. I'm looking at a Paasche dual action VL series .. is that a Good Choice ?

Right now I'm using a single action Badger that I've had sitting in my toolbox since the begining of time . lol

Bigfoot.. the lines were airbrushed ..I don't want to fold the shirts too much or the vinyl could lift -so I spray everything on a hanger - hanging on a steplader (low budget here  ;D)

One thing that I have realized is that it is as much a matter of time as it is the amount of bleach that you use .. Spray your highlights first then mid tones then mist the whole shirt lightly (this way your vinyl design wil be the darkest thing on the shirt )  remove vinyl and wash the shirt (apply a neutralizer/ something I have not done yet -so far it's just been a wash w/ detergent ).

I want to thank you first for the inspiration, really, I have to airbrushes on the way now, and Paasche VL and another cheapo one with quick-change bottles. You got me thinking with this airbrush thing, and it goes WAY beyond t-shirts.

Love the one with the automotive theme, excellent.  ;)

You still owe us a video, is not rocket science I know, but for those still in doubt it would help a lot

Marek: If you plan on doing some stuff with the airbrush down the road, I would advise getting a Dagr. They are a little pricey, but I own two. I bought a cheapo to begin with and once I found out that I liked it I bought the Dagr and its a WORLD of difference, the action, atomization, cleaning and servicablility are all awesome for that airbrush.

Don't put bleach through your dagger!

Used it in my talon first run thruogh and it rusted the needle and nozzle and ate the anodization of the paint cap!

Marek the vl is a workhorse, I have some of just about all the airbrushed about 15 are vl s, and the parts are cheap!

When your finished with it with the bleach though I think I would, and will from now on, wash it out good with hydrgen peroxide and maybe

shoot a little wd40 through it.

Guest Marek

WWpro - as soon as I can beg or borrow a camera I'll put something together .

Gozo - It's a one shot deal . But I just picked up a screen ..I'm thinking of doing a negative on the screen and spraying through !!?? Then it could possibly be reusable for small runs .

bbreault - Daaamn that Devilbiss is a sweet looking unit ..I would not run bleach through that !!

Tsquirts - Yup, I think I'll get the VL price is right . I'll keep the single action for bleach and start playing with inks and dyes with the VL . I just picked up some french curves so I'm gonna give realfire a shot in bleach on shirts  ;D we'll see how that works out .

WD-40 ;)

How would that affect it when you run ink or paint through or would this be a dedicated bleach gun ?

A little laquer thinner will take care of the wd if you decide to use paint or dye, i was just gonna wd mine

to try to keep the bleach from rusting the innards ;)

Keep us posted on the dye trials!