abullock22

has anyone got the copam to contour cut manually?

Im deciding on a vinyl cutter, i really want to get a copam, but its lack of contour cutting is pretty much a deal breaker for me and I might have to go with a laserpoint which im getting the feeling is a big  :)

heres my thread....

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,27563.0.html

Anyway my question is as stated in the title and a last gasp attempt to see if I still have any choices on what to purchase. So.... has anyone actually got their copam to contour cut using the manual method? Ive been told there is software to aid but I want to know if you have actually got it to work and If so, how did you do it (software etc.), is it tricky?

Im somewhat computer literate but we have a Summa T-series vinyl cutter in my office which also supposedly has a manual way to contour cut and Ive never managed to get that thing to work either so its casted serious doubts on my abililities to get anything to manually contour cut.

So has anyone got this to happen?

supposedly if you have flexistarter 8.6 you can contour cut with any cutter. I have successfully contour cut with my pcut, but it is a pain. I will let you know how the flexi 8.6 works later this week, I found it on ebay for $99.

excellent, would love to hear how it works out - im sure theres  few other members who would be intigued too!!  :)

supposedly if you have flexistarter 8.6 you can contour cut with any cutter. I have successfully contour cut with my pcut, but it is a pain. I will let you know how the flexi 8.6 works later this week, I found it on ebay for $99.

well I hope you got the right version, 'cause Flexi8.6 with contour cutting is $129.00 on EBAY,  regular version $99.00

well I hope you got the right version, 'cause Flexi8.6 with contour cutting is $129.00 on EBAY,  regular version $99.00

I hope so too. playing with it now.

does it have contour cut listed under effects at the top of the main screen? and ALSO click FILE> below CUT/PLOT, Contour cut is listed.  It should if it contour cuts.

it does, but I am not sure if it is the right version. I see no way to print registration marks. I just got off the phone with the seller, and I am going to send it back and get the other one if this one will not work for me.

Thank you, I just got used to the 8.1 this is a little different. Might take some time to get used to.

I think Flexistarter is pretty easy and user friendly,  This is all I use for cutting, and have for 4 years

so far from what I have seen it is pretty easy to use, but I definately got the wrong version. I will be exchanging this week, and I will keep everyone posted on how well it works for me.

For those who may be interested, I use a pcut ct630 and an Epson workforce 1100. 

still waiting for the new software to come back. I will let you know when it comes in.

update: just got the new software installed last night, but I did not have time to play with it much as my laptop went dead just before I went to install it. I will play with it tonite after I get back from the races.

If anyone was still following this thread, I have successfully contour cut with a pcut ct630. I used the flexistarter with contour cut from ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/FlexiStarter-Contour-Cutting-Vinyl-Cutter-flexi-starter-/270576851132?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3effa318bc

I print on an Epson workforce 1100. I used the ct630 g driver for my cutter. I am so happy now!!!

lol  that is the one I told you to get the first time.   :rolleyes:  Now I'm glad you got it going. 

yep you did, but I thought I found a cheaper version lol. If anyone needs a version of flexistarter without contour cut, let me know.

that was just what I figured,  :rolleyes: and no where on that other ad,  did it say contour cut  LOL  Nope I don't know of anyone. 

If anyone was still following this thread, I have successfully contour cut with a pcut ct630. I used the flexistarter with contour cut from ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/FlexiStarter-Contour-Cutting-Vinyl-Cutter-flexi-starter-/270576851132?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3effa318bc

I print on an Epson workforce 1100. I used the ct630 g driver for my cutter. I am so happy now!!!

congrats on getting the contour cut to work, im sure thats just opened up a whole new sector for you to explore - pcut is the same as a copam?

If any can contour cut with the Copam...let me know. i tried with different software and the Copma will freeze up. So far I haven't seen anyone on here with any success. You lucky if you can get a good driver for it.

if it can be done with a p-cut then it can be done with a copam - just manually