Sign in to follow this  
t.schultz

Issues with mh721....

Ok I've held my patience as long as I can.

I have a MH721, with Corel x4 and Flexi starter.

This machine has ruined a lot of vinyl. If I would have known it was going to be this much of a hassle I would have never bought it.

It has ruined about 24"x5 yards of Oracal 5600 Reflective. Which by the way is NOT cheap.

I have changed this and that and tried to work with it and I have even talked to Levi.

With customer service only being from 8-4, it is really hard to get a hold of them, because this is my night job.

I have the machine grounded to the stand. It is a 24" by the way.

It is cutting like so:

123456789 etc.

Sometimes it works ok, but 90% of the time it cuts like above.

I don't know if the rollers are messed up or what.

Also it is not cutting some letter straight, like the straight lines are "squiggly".

I did have the the cutter in the slot to begin with, but now it is in the right place, and I have the offset to .015 which the best so far that I have found out with cutting straight, and its even still not straight.

When I cut, I make sure that I have plenty of slack so it does not pull the roll and get off track.

Any help would be nice. I can not afford to keep wasting material, especially 5600 reflective.

Thank you,

-Tim

Your diagram looks like a tracking issue...

Or if there is a space in front of the one in your artwork...

Just guess'n

MM64  :thumbsup:

i would guess artwork issue too.

your sure you loaded the vinyl in straight?

on the "squiggly lines" part, if you mean very small squiggles, mine will do that if the blade isint turning right in the holder. maybe every 4-6 mths i notice it. i clean the holder by trying to get some brush bristles (i always keep chip brushes around all my equipment, from the metal lathe and drill press to the laptop, great for cleaning form chips to dust) up in it and then getting a little bit of dry lube in it. the dry graphite stuff that they make to spray into locks to lube them.

Yeh I think its tracking issues too. I even slowed it down to like 10 and it still did it. Then it stops in the middle of the cut saying "write port error" in production manager.

I am 100% positive that it is loaded up right. I worked in a sign shop for 2.5 years before. It's getting to the point that I want to send it back and get my money back. It is

very frustrating.

As far as the artwork there is no space.. I multiple it in cut/pounce.

I may try the some lube for the cutter. It's weird because it only does the "squiggly" line every now and again, and only on certain letters.

Thanks for the help. I need to get this figured out asap before it ruins more vinyl and waste more money.

If you are getting write port errors, having tracking issues, and squiggly lines then I would suggest sending the unit in for repair. The jagged lines are probably the eSpeed setting which can be changed through the control panel. You want this set to +1 or 0 and it is probably set to +5. The write port error could be damage to the main board or the usb port, and the tracking issue is most likely user error but could be a few other things as well. I highly recommend calling us at the phone # listed below and requesting an RMA # for repair.

888-298-8143

I'd also like to mention that if you know you're having tracking/cutting issues... don't put your most expensive vinyl in the cutter! Your cutter came with a pen and a pen-holder for issues of this exact nature. If you need to trouble-shoot or adjust settings and then test the results you should be using a pen and some plain 'ol paper first. If you get positive results, then move to your vinyl.

Well thats the wierd part. It cuts fine sometimes. and then bam right in the middle of a cut, it goes ape crazy.

I dont know any other way to get the thing to not go straight. I do not know how I am loading it up wrong?? Ive loaded vinyl for a couple years now, never had this issue.

Honestly I could car less about the tracking as much as I want it to cut straight lines, and no curvy lines.

It only showed up "write port error" when I slowed the speed way down.

So I dunno...

Here are pics... notice how the first one is not straight and the rear one is...

I did not move the rollers...

IMG_6630.jpg

Here is the worst one so far.... Speed was around 20 or so.

IMG_6632.jpg

I don't have the pics of curvy lines. I will get some tonight. When I cut this exact file on a Graphtec, there was not curve lines. So I know its not the artwork....

I have sent in these pics, and have not heard anything back. I know it can get busy. I just need this fixed. asap.

If you are getting write port errors, having tracking issues, and squiggly lines then I would suggest sending the unit in for repair. The jagged lines are probably the eSpeed setting which can be changed through the control panel. You want this set to +1 or 0 and it is probably set to +5. The write port error could be damage to the main board or the usb port, and the tracking issue is most likely user error but could be a few other things as well. I highly recommend calling us at the phone # listed below and requesting an RMA # for repair.

888-298-8143

Where is the eSpeed settings? I can try that tonight when I get home.

Where is the eSpeed settings? I can try that tonight when I get home.

Press the setup button on the cutter it self and you'll see e speed in the window.... use the up and down arrows to set it

MM64  :thumbsup:

I have already put a call in and emailed someone back with the files and problems.... still no word.. I need this fixed asap.

??  What is the e speed for. May be a dumb question but, i was just wondering after reading this thread

t.schultz states" is costing me money all the time" . . . .Did you take any classes or the time to learn the product before you offered items for sale?  What made you think this was plug and play like a printer?  Would you expect to buy and embroidery machine and just plug it in with no learning needed?  Please don't blame others on your lack of research and taking time to learn - I see you registered a week ago! You should have called when you first needed help

Yes Dakota, I have seen this many times on here, people are taking orders from customers and they haven't even mastered how to properly run their vinyl cutter, or haven't learned how to even vector a design.  They jump right in without doing any research, or any reading and learning, then get frustrated because they have orders and can't get them done. They want to make money without doing the homework first. Then they are so frustrated, because this isn't right or this isn't doing this, and are blameing everybody but themselves, for not doing their homework first or learning what to purchase, or how to even make a decal. What would they even do without this forum.  ;D ;D  Sure makes me wonder. And reading the NEWBIE MANUAL should be mandatory.  I have mentioned to numerous new people to read the Newbie Manual, and they still ask 20 questions and get frustrated because they can't get an answer on here, when the answer was right in the Newbie Manual from the git go.  But they don't want to take the time to do homework. It's like, they think they can just plug the machine in, shove some vinyl in it, and it's supposed to magically create a Masterpiece for them, or their ready to pounce on the the manufacturer.

Guest kenya

I agree.

And to start out using reflective?  ;D ;D ;D

Get some cheaper practice vinyl. Even use 651, but not start right out the gate with reflective.  ;D

Yes Dakota, I have seen this many times on here, people are taking orders from customers and they haven't even mastered how to properly run their vinyl cutter, or haven't learned how to even vector a design.  They jump right in without doing any research, or any reading and learning, then get frustrated because they have orders and can't get them done. They want to make money without doing the homework first. Then they are so frustrated, because this isn't right or this isn't doing this, and are blameing everybody but themselves, for not doing their homework first or learning what to purchase, or how to even make a decal. What would they even do without this forum.  ;D ;D  Sure makes me wonder. And reading the NEWBIE MANUAL should be mandatory.  I have mentioned to numerous new people to read the Newbie Manual, and they still ask 20 questions and get frustrated because they can't get an answer on here, when the answer was right in the Newbie Manual from the git go.  But they don't want to take the time to do homework. It's like, they think they can just plug the machine in, shove some vinyl in it, and it's supposed to magically create a Masterpiece for them, or their ready to pounce on the the manufacturer.

Amen!  Kills me in the vectorizing threads when people say THIS IS MY FIRST ORDER...I NEED IT NOW, HELP HELP....What the hell are you doing taking an order if you don't even know how to vectorize the logo in question......

Sorry /rant off

Guest YHC

I agree with the last 4 post. Although it does look like he is having some kind of error in his machine, he should have done some testing before taking any orders. I wasted some vinyl at first learning and testing but that's what I had to do to gain hands on experience.

I recommend anyone getting into this business to buy cheap vinyl up front, do some stuff for friends and family and learn your machines capabilities. Seek out some jobs that you would like to try and approach the client stating that your a new business and would like to offer them a chance to save allot of money by allowing you to do the work at cost. That way you can gain some experience with designing, preparing, and appling. If you do this a few times it will help you learn faster and also start the word of mouth advertising in your area.

t.schultz: I know its frustrating having something you paid for not work right out of the box. But if you know that you have done everything to troubleshoot and its not corrected then you just need to make arrangements to send it back for replacement or repair. I hope you get it worked out and good luck.

Well thats the wierd part. It cuts fine sometimes. and then bam right in the middle of a cut, it goes ape crazy.

I dont know any other way to get the thing to not go straight. I do not know how I am loading it up wrong?? Ive loaded vinyl for a couple years now, never had this issue.

Honestly I could car less about the tracking as much as I want it to cut straight lines, and no curvy lines.

It only showed up "write port error" when I slowed the speed way down.

So I dunno...

Here are pics... notice how the first one is not straight and the rear one is...

I did not move the rollers...

IMG_6630.jpg

Here is the worst one so far.... Speed was around 20 or so.

IMG_6632.jpg

I don't have the pics of curvy lines. I will get some tonight. When I cut this exact file on a Graphtec, there was not curve lines. So I know its not the artwork....

I have sent in these pics, and have not heard anything back. I know it can get busy. I just need this fixed. asap.

also go into your Flexistarter and change the Packet size to 1000 KB  , just erase what is there and enter 1000,  Below that change Quality to Medium,  this gives it more memory,  by running slow you are running out of memory before the order is done.  And cut the size of the order down.  Don't run so many copies at one time.  To change Packet size , Open up the cut/plot screen, go to PROPERTIES in upper left hand corner,  click >screen changes, now click on the tabs at top til you come to the screen that says PACKET SIZE,   and Quality. when changed, click APPLY, OK ,, that is what I run on all the time, even with a Graphtec. 

Have you run the same cut with the pen attachment instead of the blade attachment to see if you are still getting wavey lines? A wavey line can be caused by several things but generally you will find that the blade holder has been damaged and is not holding the blade completely steady.

The other issue looks like a straight forward tracking issue. This can be resolved by checking the tension on the pinch rollers, loading the sheet of the material and tracking back and forth to check the alignment, and making sure that your material is not loaded up against either wall. Tracking will always be a tiny bit off, but you should be able to get the drift under 1/4" per 2 feet or so (this is a estimate).

To check your pinch rollers I recommend loading a sheet and pulling on 1 edge and then the other to see if either slip. You can then load the sheet with 2 out of 3 pinch rollers and track back and forth. Do this wither every possible combination of 2 pinch rollers. This will show us if we have 1 pinch roller that is acting up.

OK to the people that have statements above... did you read anything I posted? I have worked for a sign company for 2.5 years. I have ran Graphtec and Gerber plotters for those 2.5 years. So obviously yes those are more expensive machines. I understand that. I know this machine was not $3,000, and I get what I pay for, but it should still work. I know how to run a plotter, so do not think I just bought a printer from Walmart and plug it and print. I know there are precautions and other things that need to be done. Thus being why I contacted USCutter with an email with my issues. I am not "new" to vectorizing. I  sent both ai. files to Tom as I mention above. For him to test them... I still have gotten no response. Yes I have only been on here for a week... That's because I bought the machine about 2 or 3 weeks ago... I would not be on here for fun. I do not have the time for it. I do not think tracking has anything to do with it. I tried again last night. The machine will go front to back great with barely any, if any tracking issues when its offline. If I could call and get someone to call me back or email me back I would not have posted this. I have talked to Levi. I would like to speak with him again, or someone else that can help me. I have "tested" on cheaper stuff. I have 651. I am not dumb. But every day that this goes by is going to cost me money. I could care less about the vinyl that is already wasted. Its the past, I just need to cut right so I can get my business going in the right direction, instead of being held up by some dumb issues. I will try the pen plot tonight Levi. 

FWIW my comment was not directed at you necessarily, just the other comment caught my eye with ire for other memebers.

Carry on...