BannerJohn

question about mac,nothing to do with cutters

I would say its the ram itself, With  G4 what are you using for rem? 133mhz? Not very fast. And comparing that to todays ddr2 and ddr3 is like comparing apples to watermellons. Its just not the same and being that old, slow bus speeds it might never really runn new apps such as that without a few burps.

I would say its the ram itself, With  G4 what are you using for rem? 133mhz? Not very fast. And comparing that to todays ddr2 and ddr3 is like comparing apples to watermellons. Its just not the same and being that old, slow bus speeds it might never really runn new apps such as that without a few burps.

PC2700 DDR SDRAM

I have it working now. I think the extra Ram did it. I just think it's funny that I have no problem with doing the same stuff on Windows machines running a fraction of the ram with processors 1/4 as fast.

Hey John, you could check google and see if they have a version of (google) chrome for the mac.

It's a lightweight browser and worked on my machine when the webpages were rather blotted and nothing else would work...

I got one mac at the house the ex gave me, it's a rather large and ugly paperweight!  :huh:

Sorry to see you downgrade!  :D

I wish....but the wonderful folks at Google have yet to do a Chrome that will work on a NON-INTEL based Mac.

I guess they think that all Mac users immediately go out and buy the latest and greatest. Not true. there are MILLIONS of

pre-intel Macs out there,still in use.

Hey John, you could check google and see if they have a version of (google) chrome for the mac.

It's a lightweight browser and worked on my machine when the webpages were rather blotted and nothing else would work...

I got one mac at the house the ex gave me, it's a rather large and ugly paperweight!  :huh:

Sorry to see you downgrade!  :D

I wish....but the wonderful folks at Google have yet to do a Chrome that will work on a NON-INTEL based Mac.

I guess they think that all Mac users immediately go out and buy the latest and greatest. Not true. there are MILLIONS of

pre-intel Macs out there,still in use.

I feel for ya brother! (in possibly the worst hulk hogan impression  :D)

Actually no clue what google does but it was worth a shot... I avoid the mac scene as much as possible, as much as i HATE the 'gates' of hell I have to go were the work is and the mac 2% market share doesn't pay my bills!

PC2700 DDR SDRAM

I have it working now. I think the extra Ram did it. I just think it's funny that I have no problem with doing the same stuff on Windows machines running a fraction of the ram with processors 1/4 as fast.

PC2700 is  166 mhz

I would say its the ram itself, With  G4 what are you using for rem? 133mhz? Not very fast. And comparing that to todays ddr2 and ddr3 is like comparing apples to watermellons. Its just not the same and being that old, slow bus speeds it might never really runn new apps such as that without a few burps.

PC2700 DDR SDRAM

PC2700 is  166 mhz

I beg to differ.

I have a stick in front of me that says it's 333mhz. I took it out of the Mac when I did the upgrade.

believe me, or believe Tiger Direct:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=427379&CatId=549

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_slc.asp?CatId=549&srkey=pc2700