Sign in to follow this  
MecH

Contour cutting.....Epson 1100 / Roland GX-24

Im testing the waters with contour cutting and after tons of research...fightn illy and flexi to the bone...and maybe destroying a keyboard or 2 :thumbsup:  I was able to get flexi to recognize the contour cut line. BUT....

I`m using an Epson Workforce 1100 printer (prints like a champ btw) it is a wide format 13x19 printer.

The goal is to print a 12" ish by 18"ish image on the printable vinyl...then laminate it and finally contour cut it with my Roland GX-24.

After getting flexi to let me set the contour settings for the roland, I tried to print it. The size in flexi is set to 12 x 18 ish....the setting on the printer dialog is set to 13x19 but when I print it...it still prints at 8.5x11...clipping the image..or just printing it smaller. I cant find anywhere else where I need to change the printer or paper settings. I can print the size perfectly on it from photoshop or illustrator...but I need flexi for the contour cut marks for the roland (or so i am assuming). I tried to make a cut path in photoshop (as a psd) but flexi never recognized the cut path.

Need a little help from the contour cutting gods plz :thumbsup:

Make sure to go into the printer settings from your printer control panel outside of the software to modify you default paper size and to disable any kind of scaling.  If you would like I would love to assist you in live support - myself or one of my team could probably get you up and running pretty quick. If you would like to msg me your contact information I will give you a call tomorrow at a time of your choosing.

Contour cutting is fun but only when it works...

:thumbsup:

How'd you make out MecH?

No luck so far over 8.5 x 11