Sign in to follow this  
Hornnumb2

Signgo file to AI

I just got a new to me Graphtec and have been using signgo with my old desay master cutter.  I would like to start using AI with cutting master..What I have tried is exporting my signgo file to .ai file but cant figure out how to edit the names in AI...I attached the file if somebody can help me with this or some easier way to convert these files..

Football1.ai

Football1.ai

The text in that file is already converted to outlines. Meaning that it is now an object...not editable text.....Editable text in illustrator will show up as text with a line under it and will not be outlined.

Easiest way to understand would be to open that file in AI...click your text tool and type out some text close to where the current text is (so you can compare the 2).

Now if you select the text you just typed...then select the other text..you will see the difference.

Heres a pic to show ya...hope it helps :thumbsup:

post-4029-12986552658899_thumb.jpg

post-4029-12986552669821_thumb.jpg

Ok so I am starting to redo this in AI and have a newbie question, I set my artboard to be the size I want my decal to be but when I go to cutting master I have to adjust the size in there also..Is there a setting to tell cutting master I want the default size?  Thanks

Ive never used cutting master..I use Flexi and it defaults to the size you saved it as in AI.

Maybe someone else can chime in for ya.

.ai is not  a cutting software.  Flexi is.  If your talking about FlexiPro.  Huge difference about $4000, new version.   And will do most anything you want..   I use Flexi Starter 8.5 and 8.6   Can purchase on EBAY for around $99.    it is not much as far as design software,  But you can use  www.inkscape.org  FREE software for that.  But I  also have adobe illustrator CS2 that I use sometimes for editing  and such.  Flexistarter can import alot more file formats than most software also.  

Yeah, flexi is just the cutting software....I use illustrator for all of my design work.

Tip for AI..wether you save your file as an AI or EPS...make sure you save it as an `illustrator 8` file. So your cutting software reads it right.