Sign in to follow this  
hiltonlo

Flexi only cuts one time on my PCUT CR1200

Hi, Im new to the forum but ive spent weeks getting my new PCUT CR1200 set up with the software and drivers and finally got it to cut. Im running flexi 8.1 on an HP desktop with Windows 7. Only problem is, it cuts one job sent and then cannot open comm port and I have to restart my computer to get it cut again. It consistently does this, after I restart, it cuts again only one job sent then cannot open port. Someone please help??? Ive been working on this thing for a month.

Hi, Im new to the forum but ive spent weeks getting my new PCUT CR1200 set up with the software and drivers and finally got it to cut. Im running flexi 8.1 on an HP desktop with Windows 7. Only problem is, it cuts one job sent and then cannot open comm port and I have to restart my computer to get it cut again. It consistently does this, after I restart, it cuts again only one job sent then cannot open port. Someone please help??? Ive been working on this thing for a month.

well, your problem could also be that Flexi8.1 is not even Vista compatible,  So it is not updated software.  Was not Vista compatible until version 8.5  You may need to upgrade the Flexi.  Or use it on an XP on down windows system. Flexi is up to 8.6 now.  You can still pick up good XP computers on EBAY, Last year I purchased a used   XP laptop for a backup. It works great.

I am having the Same problem but i have a Pcut CT630 using SignCut. But i am using Vista

hi guys. funny that when i was reading this , i realized that it not just my machine that plays up doing the same identical thing . the only thing that i can put it down to is one thing FLEXI is not compatible with some cutters. im running a ct 1200 pcut and running flexi 7.6 and its to the letter the same thing happening .some time its a port error , cannot write to port or cannot open port message displayed . now to give you a back ground of what ive tried to fix this is. as follows

changed the usb to serial cable 3 times.

run the cutter on 4 different machines . two desktops and two laptops all different makes.

had the usb connection changed to the m board (on cutter)

had a new mother board changed (on cutter)

took it back to supplier to get fixed under warranty. and was told there was no problem. (but they used different software . (they used winpc sign.)

the only thing that i didn't change because i was told that it didn't effect the cutter was to change the software to some thing else. now thats what im doing and the problem is going away but . i can not use the cutter now the way that i wanted to because the software is sh%t house basic. thats why i got flexi to start with. so its a trade off only the owner of the machine can make reliability or good software.

for me im going to keep the good software and get another machine. stupid i know but that the way im going to go.