Sign in to follow this  
scrapaddict28

Need help with Blade and Cutting Problem- I am going crazy!

okay.. just tried a new roll and it jammed when the rollers were bringing the vinyl back to the starting position. I had to turn off the plotter and take out the roll.. restarted with orgin point in a different location and same result..

I don't quite understand what you mean by this.  jammed  where?   How?  

the plotter was cutting near the top of the vinyl and the edge of the vinyl was pushed forward and down into the ledge in front of the cutting strip and it caused the vinyl that was under the cutting strip to jam up as the rollers tried to move more vinyl forward.. make sense?? clear as mud..right?

Yes.. the GT5 was from H and H, but I live in the Pacific Northwest

do your pinch rollers have levers on them? To go down?  If so  I leave mine up.  I just close the handle that's all

Is there a way to adjust the machine so that the automatic placement of the blade leaves that much room at the start? Or you just always manually start it further up?

I just put my vinyl about a inch past the cutting strip, Forward of the cutting strip,  You cannot start right at the edge of the vinyl

Me too,  It's 3am here,  I live in Indiana,  hope you get  going right,  the Graphtecs are a great machine,  I have had mine for 3 years and no problems,  I have the Fc7000  series. and love it.  It has the nice catch basket on it to as standard

So I called US Cutter yesterdeay morning.. they have no idea what is going on and said they would send me a new blade holder and set of blades.. they were supposed to arrive today... they didn't come... They also told me to make a tech support ticket.. I did that yesterday morning and they said someone would contact me within 24 hrs.. it's been almost 36 hrs and no contact... I have orders backing up and I am so frustrated!! My husband is even more frustrated LOL!

I picked up some matte vinyl to test... a 24" roll.... Same thing.. right side cuts fine if I have the force set to where it is supposed to be and then on the left it doesn't hardly scratch the vinyl...  GRRR!!!  (And these rolls are lying perfectly flat)

TIme to request a replacement machine that wasn't previously used. Something is seriously off. If US Cutter won't help call Graphtec. Graphtecs are really good machines, and don't do stuff like this unless there is damage from dropping the machine or something got pried or bent... It sounds like the carriage is off kilter...........

I'd get on the phone with a HUGE attitude by now if it was me... THis AINT RIGHT!!

I would be really upset by now with a graphtec that wasn't working properly. Probably good advise to contact Graphtec - but if the machine is used and you ordered now than there is another problem altogether

Yeah, I'd be pretty upset if I was sent a used one... I would definitely call USCutter and get them to send a new cutter instead of trying to fix a broken one...

Can you slide the feed rollers easily back and forth all the way across?

The black metal piece behind the metal feed roller (not the cutting strip) can shift during shipping and stick up.  Check it and make sure it is seated.

Try Signwarehouses Forum and maybe you will get help.

Okay.. Update..

US Cutter swears that the machine was not refurbished, but couldn't explain how warrently info got into Graphtecs system or how a filled out warrenty sheet got into the box.. they have refused to replace the machine..

They did however, send me a new blade holder and blades and that seemed to do the trick. I haven't had any problems since.  No explanation on why the blade holder was causing the problem...

We are up and running now and learning the little quirks of the machine.. like I have to start all cuts with the roll advanced at least an inch from the blade.. I had to put a strip of tape across the ledge between the cutting strip and the mounted sensor because vinyl kept getting caught underneath it and ruining cuts... now the vinyl glides right over the top smoothly now.... etc.. etc..

Thank you for all your help! I greatly appreciate it! It was a rought start, but we are going along now!

Just wanna say thank God for this forum. I was having this exact same issue so I searched and found this post. I bought a used Graphtec CE5000-60 and thought man did I buy a lemon. Ends up it was the blade. I bought a new Clean Cut Blade and MAN does it work great now. Plus, just like Clean Cut says, it only needs half the pressure of my old blade. Awesome! Sorry for bringing back this old post but it helped sooooo much I can't explain. Thanks Guys!