Sign in to follow this  
scrapaddict28

Need help with Blade and Cutting Problem- I am going crazy!

I just got CE5000-120 from US Cutter and set it up. I got two nice large detailed cuts, then my third cut has been a disaster...

The blade is cutting too deep on the right side of the design- even going through the backing- and then barely scratching the vinyl on the left side of the design..

I have adjusted the blade depth and down force and slowed the speed way down to 3 and have tried every possible combination over the last 5 hrs and can't get it to cut right... the pressure is always off from left to right...

Anyone have ANY idea what is going on??? Any help would be very welcome!!

Thank you!!!

make sure your cutting strip is down all the way across your machine,

blade only needs to be barely out.

make sure carriage is firmly on the track

make sure no vinyl is caught in the blade holder,  blade should spin freely

make sure you have the blade holder firmly attached with the thumbscrew

make sure the caps are on the blade holder good

how much force are you using? 

No vinyl in blade holder, cutting strip all the way down, blade set low doesn't even scratch the surface of the vinyl, blade cassy is firmly on the track... I am so frustrated...

well something had to change. what kind of vinyl are you using? and how much force are you using?   are you cutting the same size designs as you were before?  The cutter cuts from right to left...  are you starting with your material to the far right side? 

I use the same vinyl,,   sounds like you need a little more blade then,  I run perfect at 13-14

I run my speed at 3-5 depending on how detailed. I never run  over  speed  of 6,  beautiful cuts. 

that is really strange it cut different on the third cut - the cutter strip on this cutter is held down with a butyl type of adhesive so it is unlikely that it came up - I would most likely think that the carriage might be off track - unlikely at best with the graphtec - or that the vinyl is not laying flat for some reason

That is that is the only kind of vinyl I use  from Earlmich.  I never have problems with it.  Yes.  is your vinyl laying flat and not pinched up from the rollers.?

I was wondering about the vinyl laying flat myself.. it seems to 'puff' a little in the middle.. but then I expected that if that was the case that if I moved the design to the far left of the vinyl and cut there that the pressure problem would flip..but it didn't.. it always is heavy on the right, light on the left..

I have adjusted the blade in every direction but it doesn't help.

It is a different design than the other two I cut.. but that doesn't make sense why that particular design would cut 'off'

did you reload the vinyl making sure it is pulled tight between the rollers

it has to lay flat while cutting,  puffing up is no good, it can't cut it,  are you unrolling the vinyl. so It's not pulling on the roll,  You should,  

Yes... reloaded it 3 times and still no difference... I had the roll unrolled about 3 feet each time to create some 'drag' on the back end..

This third design is only 6 x 6 inches so to see such a huge difference in such a short span is baffling me...

No.. I haven't tried a new blade.. I will need to purchase some back-ups because I don't have any on hand.. I am wondering though why the blade would still be cutting on one half, but not the other?? Would blade damage to that?

is the vinyl laying flat, and tight between the pinch rollers...  pinch rollers close to the outside edges of the vinyl? 

bad roll? - it's calendered it's not beyond the imagination that it is not made right

yes.. they are at the edge and tight...

you said earlier that something changed.. it was the color of vinyl

never had that problem,  but I do give more force to the colors than I do black or white,  black/ white,  I do 13 force,  colors 14force

okay.. just tried a new roll and it jammed when the rollers were bringing the vinyl back to the starting position. I had to turn off the plotter and take out the roll.. restarted with orgin point in a different location and same result..

I am starting to wonder if this machine is a dud.. when I pulled out all the warrently information, the warrenty sheet was already filled out by someone for this plotter (the serial numbers match) in Jan of this year... and I thought I was getting a brand-new machine ?? hmm?