BannerJohn

Why I love yardsales

picked this up yesterday for $10

HP 17" with built-in speakers...can't find a thing wrong with it.

post-249-12986552415438_thumb.jpg

post-249-12986552427297_thumb.jpg

:thumbsup: Nice find BannerJohn!!

I love yard sales too. Sometimes I can find a deal like that at an auction. I'll give ya $20 for it.  :thumbsup:

same guy had a bunch of cables,some really nice speakers...a lot of mac stuff... but I got a phone call right as I was looking and had to rush..just grabbed the monitor and left.

This is the 4th flat panel I have found at yardsales..never pay more than $20 for any.

Also go our other mod Jenny a wheel barrow for $12. Looks like it's gonna be a good year for yardsales.

In the past you couldn't find an lcd monitor at a yard sale. Just big ass CRT monitors that weigh 50 pounds. :thumbsup:

It would make me nervous to buy one even that cheap unless I seen it working. You got lucky!

so many people are upgrading to bigger/better I am seeing a lot of them these days. I always ask if they work...and remember where I got it. Anyhow, for $10 or even $20, I can get my money back from a guy I know who fixes and re-sells on ebay. One of these days I'm gonna teach myself how to repair them..if I live long enough. 9 times out of 10 if they don't work it's the back light or power inverter..both cheap fixes.

Great find John - can't wait till I have more time to go hunting for deals

Found a pair of Sennheiser HDR 130 Wireless headphones at a sale Thursday.  They weren't marked, so I had to ask the price.  The lady said $1.  Needless to say, they went home with me.  They run about $99 new.

I love deals like that. I got a $500 Pearl drum/cymbol rack with  6 clamps and  boom arms awhile back for $20. The clamps alone were worth more than that. I figured up the sum total of the parts and it was over $900.

Only thing I could figure was there was  a divorce in the works and she was selling his stuff..

Banner, if you ever decide to have a yard sale yourself, let me know and ill organize a passport and a container  :thumbsup:

I am one of the guys who sells their old stuff for nothing....I am currently on a 22" and think its WAY too small.

Saving up for dual 24" setup....then we can design some decals baby!

Only thing I could figure was there was  a divorce in the works and she was selling his stuff..

Upset soon to be ex-wives make for great yard sales.