Sign in to follow this  
djb28

Long time lurker

Hey everyone. I have been watching this site for a while now. I work for a sign shop. Since that first week i have been itching to leave and do this on my own. I never knew how easy it really could be if you have the skill. Where i work we make logos, Make signs and do Vinyl graphics. I have taken a great interest in the Vinyl graphics and think i want to do this for myself. I have been looking at cutters. I can not afford a GraphTech, like i use at work. So whats left? US Cutter? Is this the answer? I am looking at a Seiki 28"

I have read good and bad reviews and do not know what to believe. I dont care if it is 300 or 1,000.00 i start out with. I do not want to waste away money before i start. Can someone help me out? I would love to get started and post my results with you all!

Guest kenya

Welcome from Florida. :-[

If your budget will allow it... the copam is a great cutter. Or the pcut, if you have a spending cap at this time. Both have served me well. The graphtec is sweet and hopefully you will make enough in no time to make that purchase.  :-[

Thanks Kenya. I did look at the copam. Maybe i will revisit that choice. Also the USCutter LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter. I want to be cutting by next week!

Welcome from "Down Under"  Get as much experience as you can from that sign shop before leaving, there's no better place to learn than a sign shop. 

Joe

Welcome from Michigan - the laserpoint has been discontiued but is a good machine but if the funds allow I would highly recommend the copam to use to make the money to move up to a graphtec (or watch for a good used cutter on Ebay or CL

welcome -- from illinois 15" graphtec for sale here great to start out with

Thanks Tinaski. But i really would need a 24" It is tempting, but i know i would kick myself.

I think i have learned all i can handle at the sign shop. I know there is always stuff to learn.

But i am being used for my designing ideas. Not getting paid for what they use, and they get profit.

So i basically do three jobs and get paid to paint signs. Not cool. So when i get my cutter

and roll in to work with my name and logo on the truck and they see it. Im sure all Hell will break loose!

Welcome from CA... if your budget is tight, you might also want to look at the GCC Expert. It's fairly new, but have heard some good things about it.

Thanks Tinaski. But i really would need a 24" It is tempting, but i know i would kick myself.

I think i have learned all i can handle at the sign shop. I know there is always stuff to learn.

But i am being used for my designing ideas. Not getting paid for what they use, and they get profit.

So i basically do three jobs and get paid to paint signs. Not cool. So when i get my cutter

and roll in to work with my name and logo on the truck and they see it. Im sure all Hell will break loose!

[/qote]u

and after you get a 24" you will wish you had a bigger one.  I went 30" from the git go.  covered everything I need to do,  But I started with a 30" Seiki, and alot of my designs were made large for it.  so I definately wanted another 30"  and I have a 30" Graphtec.  Love it.