Sign in to follow this  
hairyconiption

Should I get Flexi Starter?

Hello,

I need some advice if I should get Flexi starter. I have been using signcut, just fine, but have to buy another copy because I got a new machine with signblazer which doesn't work on the mac. So since I am going to be spending money (unless someone wants to trade) I am wondering if Flexi is a worthwhile upgrade. As it is I do all my design work in CS 3 and open signcut. Any suggestions or comments would be great.

Thanks Dustin

If you can't use SignBlazer,Flexi Starter is definately a step up from Signcut. I've used it for about 18 months and it does MOST of what I need. IT's a great program for the money. Personally,I prefer the design capabilities of Signblazer to Felxi STARTER but since you can't use SB on a Mac...Flexi would be my choice.

Bruce,Jerry....Mac sales are going up every year.....how about a SB for Mac?

Well I do all of my designing in Illustrator, or Occasionally Photoshop (cause I suck at illustrator) and then import into signcut. Is Flexi easier to layout multiple cuts or stickers to maximize vinyl use?

Thanks Dustin

In that case,oh yes. Flexi has a great panels feature you can adjust and cut as little or as much as you want. I have used Flexi to cut decals out of 3 inch wide vinyl . It's hard to tell you how it works,I think Flexi has a demo video online somewhere. If I can find it,I'll post.

Hey Banner John,

Have you done any printing and then cutting on a new machine, specifically any of the us cutter machines. If so how well does it work, is it easy enough to be worth while? Are you using a mac or pc?

Thanks Dustin

I use a PC and one of my cutters is the refine 721,it works fine.

If you can't use SignBlazer,Flexi Starter is definately a step up from Signcut. I've used it for about 18 months and it does MOST of what I need. IT's a great program for the money. Personally,I prefer the design capabilities of Signblazer to Felxi STARTER but since you can't use SB on a Mac...Flexi would be my choice.

Bruce,Jerry....Mac sales are going up every year.....how about a SB for Mac?

Hi Everyone,

We have written a SignBlazer plugin for the Mac OSX (all versions) and Illustrator CS2.

It is in the pre-release stage.

It will run with CS3 on the release version.

If anyone wants to test it then please email me at

jerry@signblazer.net

and i will email a 30 day trial version (fully working) to you.

Jerry from SignBlazer.

With all due respect to the previous posters and the programs that have been mentioned in this thread I believe there is some missunderstanding about what signcut-x2 is and how it is comparable to other software packages.

Unlike Flexi or Signblazer or many other commercial sign software packages, Signcut-x2 decided many years ago to concentrate the development team on doing what the state of the art off the shelf design programs did not. That is complete control over the plotter or vinyl cutter. Adding features to increase productivity and allow the major off the shelf packages take care of the design engine.

With development staffs in the hundreds and user bases in the hundreds of thousands there is no way a small niche software company can compete with these packages much less afford to sell them at a reasonable and competitive price and still offer uncomprimising support.

If you will notice from our user base and from our participation on this and other forums when you ask a question or have a problem we respond, and if need be we have our developers update the version to fullfil the needs of our endusers. Check with some of the competitions support staff and ask for a custom driver, or a fix (like the recent vector magic compatability issue) and see what happens and how quickly they respond.

We staff our support site 24 hours a day, we have support available in 14 languages, and offer a live support chat solution to help solve your problems in real time 7 days a week from 4am central standard time until 10pm. Central standard time. For priority support and training we also have available remote connection and phone support for a nominal fee.

We also work closely with the Plotter Dealers to provide premium support for their customers helping to insure customer satisfaction after the sale.

Now to address the features and the comparision of Signcut-X2 to other packages.

Signcut-X2 is not a design package but when coupled with one like Corel X3 or Illustrator you have a state of the art solution for design and plotter control. With either of these packages there is little that can not be done that the much more expensive niche programs offer. In the case of Illustrator or Corel you may simply send your designs to Signcut-X2 by using a menu shortcut or the quick launcher http://www.sc-x2.com/files/mov/export.html. Once in Signcut-X2 you will find many features to optimize your cuts, and save both material and labor.

Features Highlight:

1.Interactive Weedlines

http://www.sc-x2.com/files/mov/weeding.html

2.Interactive Registration Marks

3.Interactive Tiling and Paneling

http://www.sc-x2.com/files/mov/tiling.html

4.Multiple Copies cutting (with optimization for maximum number of copies per width) No need to lay out multipul copies, layout your original and let signcut place them in

5.Cut By Color

http://www.sc-x2.com/files/mov/cutbycolour.html

6.Step By Step Cutting (great for long cuts) each step is completely cut before feeding to the next section avoiding long feeds back and forth. This way on machines that do not compensate for drift it avoids miscuts and unusable sections. If tracking becomes an issue the pieces are cut individually so thay may be paneled together instead of being thrown in the trash.

7.Interactive Rotation

8.Interactive Cutting of missing objects

9. Additional sign related plugins for CorelX3

http://www.sc-x2.com/files/mov/signit.html

If any user of this forum would like an overview of Signcut and how it can improve your productivity and save you both labor and material feel free to give me a shout via PM or email support@sc-x2.com or stop on by the signcut support site at http://www.sc-x2.com  and Click on live support and one on our tech will set up a free remote session for you if you tell them you are a US Cutter customer. (Sorry PC customers only at this time)

Sorry Marcus and Ken, I don't want to sound like a used car dealer but I believe in this software package and more importantly I believe in the team we have put in place to support it. I also believe that many users simply do not understand the power and effiecency of Signcut-X2 coupled with Corel, Illustrator or even Inkscape.

neither was I,Kimon. Just trying to answer the original question and compare the features of Flexi to Signcut(which I consider to be a great program,btw).

No feelings hurt, just needed to point out the actual difference, when you compare signcut to flexi look at the production manager and what it allows you to do. That is a fair comparison. Check out thier weedlines and registration marks, interactive liling and such.

BTW MAC support just added for remote access so if anyt mac guys want a tour give me a hollar.