ConfusedCutter

Harley Davidson

Everytime I try to Vectorize the image it comes out choppy looking, can anyone fix it or tell me how to? I need it to make a stencil to airbrush onto a helmet...today...lol. Thanks!

post-7550-12986552286673_thumb.jpg

post-7550-12986552306014_thumb.jpg

Go to brandsoftheworld.com and type in harley davidson. Should find that exact same image vectorized. But watch out though, Harley has been known to crack down on people using their logo. They even have their dealers report to them when they find people abusing this.

I have that one but it needs a little cleanup for a stencil though. Let me know if you need it and i'll clean it up for you.

Yes! Can you please clean it up! But I have to have the one that I attached, is that the one you were talking about?

why go thru all that when it's all done and posted above?:thumbsup: other than for practice

The one on brands has some duplicate paths it needs some cleanup to use as a stencil.

I'm so scared of the wrath of Harley Davidson I wouldn't even download the file and try to vectorize...they are scary!

:thumbsup::-[:thumbsup:

Guest YHC

I'm so scared of the wrath of Harley Davidson I wouldn't even download the file and try to vectorize...they are scary!

Panzy!  :-[ J/K

Yah, I've heard they are pretty bad, but have also heard they are good about sending a letter first.

Panzy!  :-[ J/K

Yah, I've heard they are pretty bad, but have also heard they are good about sending a letter first.

Guilty as charged on the panzy comment, but I am barely keeping up anymore with my own designs in my little hunting and outdoor niche, I don't need to incur the wrath of some big company somewhere.

Do you think they would really say something, if its airbrush art?? I mean The guys paying for labor not the logo. I'm not cutting stickers out to sell ya know :thumbsup:

Do you think they would really say something, if its airbrush art?? I mean The guys paying for labor not the logo. I'm not cutting stickers out to sell ya know :thumbsup:

definitely - they are highly protective of their logo and the value therein 

Yes.....Harley Davidson makes very little on their motorcycles (or so I hear), they make their money on their clothing and brand, and therefore and rightfully so are extremely protective of it.

Just remember your only guilty if you get caught. LOL

definitely - they are highly protective of their logo and the value therein 

It does not matter the media it

I can tell you that a friend of mine a few years back was selling copyrighted material and the company sued him. And even though he only sold a few hundred dollars worth of their product, he ended up having to sell one of his erection trucks for $65.000.00 to pay for the lawsuit and lawyers fees. So if you think they care how many or how much you make off of their name - You are wrong!

I've been busted by HD twice. They didn't do anything but give me a nasty warning. When I talked to some not so nice lady on the phone I asked, Well, I want to make decals and retail them. Her response was that they have over 1500 licensed people already and would not give out anymore licensing.

The only reason I got caught is because I was selling on the web. I've also been busted by Fox Racing.

I won't sell on the web anymore but if I am approached and a customer wants a decal for the bike or helmet, I will do it.

They have much bigger fish to fry than you.  ;D