Hey all great forum you have here full of great info thank you

So I just purchased a LP 24" and haven't been able to get home to take it out of the box yet, so I was just wondering what is the smallest letter you have been able to cut with it?

with a lot of set up and adjustment I got the p-cut (lp without laser) down below1/4"

Guest YHC

So does a setup last or is it somthing your always messing with?

Should last, if your seeing changes its most likly your blade needs replaced.

Here is one for you.  The LP cuts small ok I have no complaints the copam also is good.  Uscutter says the copam is better at cutting small text because the blade carrier spins the blade better and it does.  But last night I put the blade carrier from my copam into the LP and it fits just fine and seems to set into the arm the same and all looks like the same travel and all I just need to cut with it I don't see any reason it will not cut for the copam blade holder into the LP.  You can cut smaller that way

Let me know how the copam holder works with the LP. I have a pcut and if I can get better quality with a new holder I will order one!

ya ok I will check it out either tonight if I got the time before I leave or tomorrow and get back with you. 

Guest manwayvan

very interested..will be watching

Alright I just tried it and it worked perfectly.  I took it right out of the copam and dropped it into the LP and did not have to make any adjustments at all and it cut perfectly.  So the LP should be able to cut just as good as the copam now.

Alright I just tried it and it worked perfectly.  I took it right out of the copam and dropped it into the LP and did not have to make any adjustments at all and it cut perfectly.  So the LP should be able to cut just as good as the copam now.

I've been trying to cut text smaller than half a centimeter and it's quite difficult to get the settings correctly.  I've played with the blade offset and still haven't been able to cut a decent detailed small text.  And I'm making adjustments in increments like this: .0011 to .0013 to .0015.  For example on my attachment, at 1cm, the cutout isn't bad.  You'll notice slight slants on the lower leg of the inside-right of the "A" at 1cm. 

On the smaller cut (about .8cm), you can see major distortion at the same location - lower leg inside-right of the A and at the top of the A.  What am I doing wrong?  Does the X-Y settings come into play as well because I feel I've exhausted the Offset settings going up and down without success.  The smaller cut was made with the same settings as the larger 1cm cut.

Also I am cutting at very slow speed (20 on the LP)

Any insight is appreciated.

post-8095-12986553354214_thumb.jpg

post-8095-1298655335476_thumb.jpg

post-8095-12986553365969_thumb.jpg

post-8095-12986553366282_thumb.jpg

yup make enough money with the LP to buy a roland or Graphtec - problem solved.  the cheaper cutters were designed to sell cheap - they work well but for fine work you will be a lot happier with a name brand cutter.  Not trying to be mean as I started with a p-cut and transitioned thru a refine, copam to the graphtec - each paying fro the next and steadily improving in small cuts and accuracy

So that's the difference with more expensive cutters?  I thought I was going crazy making all these adjustments without improvement.  Good to know! :thumbsup:

So, please confirm if I got this right....I can get a Blade Holder For COPAM Vinyl Cutter

(CPPBLDHLDR) and put it right in my LP 48'??. That would be great!.