SIGNsations

graphic collection

I signed up and received an email from jmatson. I went to the dropbox site and signed in. I looked at the files, some anyway, but now how do I use one? Thanks.Sandy

With all the graphic and font requests I'm wondering if it would be worth while to create a searchable repository on one of my websites and allow anyone to upload/download the graphics....

If anyone has any interest let me know, if we can get a small group together to discuss the design (layout, organization, etc) of the site, I can throw something together. I have pretty much unlimited storage at my disposal....

that would be a good idea. that's why i did this drop box thing

I signed up and received an email from jmatson. I went to the dropbox site and signed in. I looked at the files, some anyway, but now how do I use one? Thanks.Sandy

Most of them are EPS or AI. you should be able to open them with your cut program. or in Illustrator and send them over to your cut program

With all the graphic and font requests I'm wondering if it would be worth while to create a searchable repository on one of my websites and allow anyone to upload/download the graphics....

If anyone has any interest let me know, if we can get a small group together to discuss the design (layout, organization, etc) of the site, I can throw something together. I have pretty much unlimited storage at my disposal....

that would be a good idea. that's why i did this drop box thing

Missed that post!

Is there a way to limit what gets sync'd?

If you get a lot of activity and it sync's all the folders, it could get rather time consuming....  :huh:

No it Syncs Every time a new file is added

If someone wants to make a webpage. I can host it. and have it pull from my Dropbox folder

If someone wants to make a webpage. I can host it. and have it pull from my Dropbox folder

Sounds like me, have the storage, just not the time to make a website right now.

Did have a few ideas such as allowing whoever to 'check off' what they wanted and creating a zip file for download to reduce bandwidth

would need to work out the organization of it first and since i dont do pretty, could need assistance in the visual area...

Sounds like me, have the storage, just not the time to make a website right now.

Did have a few ideas such as allowing whoever to 'check off' what they wanted and creating a zip file for download to reduce bandwidth

would need to work out the organization of it first and since i dont do pretty, could need assistance in the visual area...

ok. Well i suck as Visual and Webdesign

:huh::D :D

guess we're screwed from the start!!  :D

I might play with a layout on my server and see if i can work out some of the technical issues when i have a few.....

At least i can get the sql and package coding worked out....

:huh::D :D

guess we're screwed from the start!!  :D

I might play with a layout on my server and see if i can work out some of the technical issues when i have a few.....

At least i can get the sql and package coding worked out....

Ok. i;m running  win SBS 08 with MS sql and the other sql on my other server

Ok. i;m running  win SBS 08 with MS sql and the other sql on my other server

Sounds like we're the only two interested... may be a waste of time...?

Its a good idea, but making most of these images public will end up costing a lot in lawyer fees.

Its a good idea, but making most of these images public will end up costing a lot in lawyer fees.

Actually wasn't planning on hosting copyrighted material, (assumed most of the images passed back and forth were public domain). This was just an idea to offset some of the requests in the forums and having a single repository for them. Noticed a lot of people asking for the same images over and over and not being able to find them as attachments or else having to dig through 1000's of messages

Actually wasn't planning on hosting copyrighted material, (assumed most of the images passed back and forth were public domain). This was just an idea to offset some of the requests in the forums and having a single repository for them. Noticed a lot of people asking for the same images over and over and not being able to find them as attachments or else having to dig through 1000's of messages

yep. when i first signed up it took me days to go through here and collect what was posted. and then delete the doubles.

yep. when i first signed up it took me days to go through here and collect what was posted. and then delete the doubles.

Wasn't doing it for 'my' use - more for everyone else...

I don't do this as a business, just something to play with!

There are a few 'images' i scraped off the site, mainly the bite me, got that for my neighbor after I 'let' her take my fence down to do some work, then rather than put it back up she 'decided' to 'make it disappear'... figured that bite me on the side of the truck facing her house would be a reminder to avoid me at all cost! ;D

lol.

I got mine just for our race car and my uncles Corn maze. We do allot of vinyl every year.

I signed up buy i guess you have to send me an invite I think so i can share files right?

ya and i just sent it to you

so who ever sandy morgan is you can thank that person for deleteing the whole collection we shared

ANd Cindy

so who ever sandy morgan is you can thank that person for deleteing the whole collection we shared

ANd Cindy

Gotta love it....

well guess ya dont!  :D