benb

wot driver do i use for my refine eh721 for use with flexisign

EH721 Cutting Diagonal lines   :thumbsup:/u]

I have the EH721 using flexistarter. However, when I send item to be cut, the plotter cuts  diagonal lines for the length of the cutting job, without cutting any recognizable letters or images only lines.

I am using Vista toshiba laptop - Belkin USB cable - port set up is com4 -

The test for the cutter works

I can cut letters from Artcut but cant import vectors and if I drag and drop, the image is totaly distorted into long lines - which is why i purchased Flexi.

Anyone else had this problem?

Does anyone know why it could be doing it?

Or does anyone know how to fix it this problem ?

I have been working on this problem for over a week now.....

Any help would be apprciated.

Cheers Australia.

post-11682-12986557425792_thumb.jpg

post-11682-1298655743828_thumb.jpg

It sounds like static or usb problem. If you're on a laptop, I'd recommend a good external powered USB hub and make sure your cutter is well grounded.

Thank you  - I will look into it ....

I can now cut with artcut using PLT format only.

Hi,

Uscutter - MH721 is what I have selected. Though my plotter is EH721 which is not in the list of choices.

Not sure about the EH version, but if it were an MH, I would try the Roland PNC-1000 driver in Flexi.

help can someone help me with my EH721, i had it operating yesterday with artcut, on a 25pin parallel port, then when i was doing a cut the vinyl got all gathered up and i paniced an turned it off, then i released the vinyl and retuned the carriage away from the mess, i turned it back on and it does not respond at all. in my hardware devices it does not recognise any hardware attached, when i connect up my 9 pin to usb(Comp) it recognises it but i still can't get it to communicate with computer to cutter. this is damn frustrating, i was so excited with the operation. please anyone help me...