benb

wot driver do i use for my refine eh721 for use with flexisign

can some one tell me wot drivers I should be using for my refine eh721 and flexisign pro and wot set up I should be using thanks ben

The driver would be a roland pnc1000.I can't tell you the setup because I don't know if it's usb,serial,or lpt.

I've got mine set to run on an ecp printer port instead of standard printer driver.I also went to cutter options and set the resolution at 1016 with 1 pass and nothing else checked.I have the curve quality set at high.Hope that helps.

Go to settings and click on cutter.But this topic is for flexi,so you can't set it this way in signcut.

By the way benb, where did you get your EH721 from?  As I am interested in maybe purchasing one?

I had a customer report to me that the Ioline SmarTrac I/S60 driver works in Flexi. If anyone is having problems with the roland driver or has a program that doesn't have the roland driver you might give that one a try.

G'day guys,

I too have a Refine EH721 running FlexiSIGN 7.6v2 and am getting an error message " Write port error " can any of you lead me in the right direction in terms of resolution.

Also does anyone know of any windows drivers for this plotter and will it make things run smoother in Flexi in this config :huh:

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

If you are getting a write port error that usually means that you have another device using that port.If you have printers,scanners or cameras hooked up you might try unplugging them and see if you still get that error.

G'day Billy,

I do not have any other device connected to my PC, I am not using any USB devices either i have also switched off com2 and lpt1 in the bios.

might you have a method as to how i may check for your theory in case it is conflicting with something else.

I think I would set the com ports to auto detect in the bios.You haven't said how you had it set up,but it sounds like com 1.I would change the bios and then when the computer restarted I would go to the control panel - system - hardware -and device manager.Check and see under ports if you have com1 or com 2 showing installed in windows.Then I would chewck the settings on the com ports and make sure they matched the settings on the cutter,like the baud rate and handshake settings.

i was under the impression billy that the flow control setting in the com port properties should be set to hardware for the Refine EH721. is this correct ?

I have mine set to none.Are you using the roland pnc1000 driver in flexi?And are you using the cabling that came witht the cutter?I know that the pin assignment is not the same as a regular cable.

You need to disable "connect to local production manager using TCP/IP" for flexi.

open flexi, goto edit, prefrences, then tools, scroll down and highlight the Cut/plot icon, uncheck the box and click  okay...

You should get no more write port errors.

I have set the ports to auto detect in the bios and have also tried the plotter on com2 and still i get nothing, it still gives me the message " Write port error " 

yes i am using the cables that came with the machine, and i am using the pnc - 1000 drivers aswell, and i have also tried taters idea and still the problem is not solved.

many thanks by the way guys.

Maybe the Roland drivers are not the correct one for your machine.

It Appears that you are using a EH721 manufactured from Refine?  Is this correct? 

US Cutter machines are the MH721 model? 

I dont know what the diffrence is between these 2 machines?  Did you try using the other driver as marcell suggested in an earlier post?

Are you using the serial connection, USB, or LPT?

yes i have tried different drivers like the HP 7475 absolute driver for my EH721. I have also checked for hardware conflicts time and time again and there are none everything appears to be ok. I am using the serial cable that came with the plotter.

I forgot to ask is the resolution important because when i try what billy said and put the number 1016 it says that i need to choose an integer between 1.000 and 984.000 what should i do in this instance. Does this relate to file size or something, what is the resolution setting for.

Have you tried to contact the distributor from where you purchased your EH721 machine?

Try using the hewlett packard HPGL driver.It is more or less a standard plotter driver.But I agree with tater.You should contact the distributor.As far as the resolution,mine is set at 1016 and I can bump it up or down and get no statement like you are getting.Mine is 7.5,but that shouldn't make a difference.It could be that you don't have the software installed correctly.

Hi all , i have the EH721 and sick of using artcut so i got flexi now im able to connect up using both the roland and the hp drivers but the problem is when i send item to cut the plotter cuts a diagonal line and repeats over the same spot  for the length of the cut job without cutting any recognizable letters or images only lines on same spot.

Anyone else had this problem? anyone know why it could be doing it? or anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance