Sign in to follow this  
leadermon

GX-24 Locked up!

I had someone using my plotter station and now my plotter is locked up.

It's 3 weeks old. Running Win 7, entire system is still new. I made many great cuts in the last few weeks.

Now when the plotter starts up is just shows the initial start up window, that's it. If I re-start it several times I can get the load material screen up but it doesn't load properly. It then it keeps cutting some website frame over and over and over, makes the outside frame and all the buttons. Buttons on plotter have ZERO effect, even the blue power button. Machine has to be unplugged to stop!

I have rebooted CPU and plotter.

Reloaded drivers

Cleared any pending print jobs

and yelled at it!

I asked the person using the plotter station and they opened a "questionable" email attachement and tried to print the contents. My question is...did something bad infect the plotter? It cuts the same thing even if unplugged from CPU..VERY WEIRD!

Thanks in advance for any helpful tips.

BTW..the plotter is just amazing after using another, cheaper machine for several years.

Unplugged power from cutter.

Hard booted CPU.

Roland tech help also states to "Unplug the GX-24 from the usb connector and restart both the machine and the computer. The data that was being output before is still in the driver and needs to be cleared. " I did that as well. No change.

sounds more like a problem with the computer - infected or corrupted.  try another computer - reload the cutting software on your present one after running a virus scan.

Thanks all! :)

Cutter works great loaded onto my laptop. Seems workstation is corrupt/infected. Working on disinfection now.

Problem came in on a document attached to an email. Went right on through antivirus software (Vipre).

I would recommend switching to a better anti-virus as vipre leaves a lot to desire. Avast is a decent free solution. This software can be downloaded at www.avast.com.

I would recommend switching to a better anti-virus as vipre leaves a lot to desire. Avast is a decent free solution. This software can be downloaded at www.avast.com.

;D ;D on Avast! I've been using it on 5 computers now for over 3 years and love it.

Good advice too: be careful who you let in front of your keyboard.

My vote is for anti vir....just did a huge test within our company of av's to recommend, Anti vir came out on top (and it has a free edition).  Avast did good, but I like anti vir better.

Microsoft security essentials did well too.

Common sense and a little computer savvey goes miles farther to protect your comp than any AV solution ever can.