Sign in to follow this  

This is a very noob question, so please dont flame me to much!  :huh:

Sometimes when i load my vinyl, i ieave it hanging over the front of the cutter a good 2-3 inches, (about halfway to where the ruler is on the machine)  but when i try to cut it from SB, it will pull the vinyl back so far it goes off the rollers.

and other times it starts cutting with out even moving the vinyl. so i get my cut out in the middle of the vinyl instead of the beginning of it?

Im just trying to find some insight into if i should be letting some of the vinyl hang out past the blade, and if so how much? or if im messing something up in SB?

Im using a MH-721 cutter and SB to cut.

haha, after posting, i dug deep into the older posts, and found out about setting the origin point! ima give that a try when i get home! thanks!

Make sure the Vinyl is straight, then click "Offline/Pause", move as you wish and click "orgin" when you have it positioned as you want it.

and by doing this, it should just start cutting right? and a the little reading ive done so far tonight (still at work, so kinda hard to get alot of reading done) i beleive it says i will have to do that everytime i go to cut?

Yes, you load your piece of vinyl, and set the origin point on each piece before you send the job from the computer.