Sign in to follow this  
lionsnwings

Ok to heat press an Under Armor Shirt?

I want to create some custom running shirts for friends, but the Under Armor (and most other brands) of the moisture wicking shirts say do not iron. 

Should I be concerned? 

If it says do not iron, i wouldnt try it. They are usually made of low temp material that will melt in high heat. Heatpresses are hotter than irons and the pressure will definitely add to the damage.

Just my opinion on it.

I recently did some Jerseys moisture wicking shirts that I heat pressed stuff on the back and front. They turned out fine. I used siser at 150 C

I recently did some Jerseys moisture wicking shirts that I heat pressed stuff on the back and front. They turned out fine. I used siser at 150 C

150c :huh:? I knew you people from Kentucky would take up the metric system first LOL

I have pressed the Badger 100% Poly wicking shirts and the Wicked brand (like under armor) with no problems using easyweed and enduratex hotmark as well.

They look great.

Guest sciondrgn

I've done several Under Armour Shirts for runners with no problems using EasyWeed. I did two jersey style shirts this past weekend as well with no problems

Forcefully dakota. lol. I just remember that is the recommended setting for siser on my press since it only does C.

I did a bunch of 88% poly and 12% spandex shirts for a volleyball team.. I used siser easyweed and the usual temp.  They came out ok with no problems.

Most of my wicking running shirts are 100% poly not sure what the under armor shirt are.

azdecals