designed

Epson 1100 workforce question

I just bought a new cannon 1100 workforce for 109.00 plus 2.50 shipping it is on its way but the description does not say that it is pigment or dye based ink.  Do I need to buy the pigment ink seperate or will the cartridges that come with it be pigment based ink? :huh:

I'm confused as to the brand of the 1100 printer. Your title says Epson, but in your message, you said Cannon. I'd also like to find out where to find it for 109.00.Thanks for the help.Sandy

Hey SandyM114 sorry for being stupid on you I suppose I meant that the 1100 is an Epson and i must have said Cannon because I own a cannon but what I meant was epson.  Yes you can get a brand new epson 1100 right now for 109.00 plus 2.99 shipping I just got one it is a sale that ends on the 17th of this month.  here is the link if you want a brand new one for 112.00 which includes shipping!  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16828103392&cm_re=epson_1100-_-28-103-392-_-Product  of the link don't work it is newegg.com a great place to buy from I been using them for the last 11 yrs for most all my computer parts.  Let me know if you get one!

Has anyone bought big bottles of ink and refilled the cartridges one the epson 1100 can it be done on these cartridges  :huh:

I use refillable carts from inkjetcarts.us. You have to replace the entire set of catridges and they have auto reset chips on them, so you can just refill the carts after initial fill directly in the printer.

hey hockeygirl it sounds a bit technical I sorta follow you is there somewhere I can read how to do this?  Sounds crazy you have to do all the carts at the same time I would like to read how to do it though if there is such a place.  Thank you. :huh:

and I have the cobra system from Richard and all I have to do is open the bottle and dump it in the tank.

11002.jpg

Just ordered my first one. What vinyl is everyone using with these printers and where is the best place to get it?

So far I have only used The Papillio Vinyl and it has worked well.. I coat with Frog Juice after printing/drying time for UV and Water resistance

http://www.texascraft.com/hps/home.php?cat=255

You can get rolls of mactac/sihl/avery inkjet vinyl and cut it yourself for about 1/2 the price of the papillio paper based on square inch calculations.

Guest sciondrgn

So far I have only used The Papillio Vinyl and it has worked well.. I coat with Frog Juice after printing/drying time for UV and Water resistance

http://www.texascraft.com/hps/home.php?cat=255

You can get rolls of mactac/sihl/avery inkjet vinyl and cut it yourself for about 1/2 the price of the papillio paper based on square inch calculations.

Thanks ELi, I will check into that. What specific models are you using? I still have plenty of Papillio in so wont need any for a while but having a wider vinyl to print on would be nice as well.

300, how wide can this little printer print? It's not a wide format, is it? I've been looking at an Epson that is a little wider than normal. Will this 1100 come with the cobra ink system, or do I order that separately and is it hard for me to install? Thanks. Gonna get me one, I think.....Sandy

300, how wide can this little printer print? It's not a wide format, is it? I've been looking at an Epson that is a little wider than normal. Will this 1100 come with the cobra ink system, or do I order that separately and is it hard for me to install? Thanks. Gonna get me one, I think.....Sandy

sent you an email but you get the whole system you see all set up and all you do is plug it in the tanks on the side even come full.  Richard told me you can expect eight times the amount of ink vs the factory amount and it comes with the pigment ink, however you can get it with the high temp ink depending on what you are going to be doing.  I think you said shirts so you would want the pigment inks.  Good luck

I haven't checked my emails this afternoon, but will. How much is the entire set=up? Someone bought one for 109.00 but I think they had to order the ink system separate... Yes, I'll be doing shirts, maybe mouse pads, no cups or anything.Sandy

Guest sciondrgn

Corbra sells it full of pigment but if you already own the printer he will retro fit it with the CIS for $100 (that was the price I checked before I bought mine) You would have to ship the printer to him

Guest kenya

I just looked Richard up on Sunday.... I'm considering the 1100 myself. :o

I just want to find out if I can do transfers & bumper stickers with the pigment ink. :):o

Guest sciondrgn

I just looked Richard up on Sunday.... I'm considering the 1100 myself. :o

I just want to find out if I can do transfers & bumper stickers with the pigment ink. :):o

Yeah you sure can.. I love my 1100. Ive done several decals printed to put on banners and I am planning a small one for the window of my car. I just use frog juice to laminate over it and give it better UV protection

Can i print longer than 19"? I want to do long prints for my kart body and wanted to know is this can do it.

Ok, quick question here.  A local bar wants me to make some stickers to put on some plastic cups for a party they're having.  They only need them for one night.  I have a WF1100 and what would I need to buy (and get here fast) to print a simple image on so i can then put on the cups?

Thanks!

Jay