Sign in to follow this  
earlsembroidery

USB Port not being Recognized- Driver issue?

My laptop hard drive got corrupted and crashed and I had to install a new hard drive. I have since reinstalled the signblazer software.  I downloaded what i thought was the driver zip folder at this link. http://www.ftdichip.com//Drivers/CDM/CDM 2.06.00 WHQL Certified.zip since i am using serial to USB cable. When i try to configure the USB and browse to that folder, windows continues to give me the "could not install, no hardware found" message. 

Help!  I need the drivers for serial to USB.  I had been using the PCUT without issues for the most part for over a year before my laptop hard drive got corrupted and ruined. Now im stuck with jobs backing up.

Step by step.

Please explain more about your PC and plotter set up.

Are you using USB only cable or do you use an external USB to serial converter?

Paco

I'm having the same problem. I recently moved into a new house. When I was packing I accidentally pinched the 9 prong connector wire, so I replaced it with one I bought from a computer store. I went to hook up everything at the new house and I'm getting the same message. Saying "could not install, no hardware found". I forgot the set up instructions, I remember it said to hook it up a certain way. I have both the USB to weird plug line hooked up and the 9 prong line hooked up. Sorry if I sound like a total noob, I'm not the greatest with computers and don't know the terminology. I've been using my CTN630 for about 3 years and love it, it worked great. Never had any problems until I moved to the new house. Any help MUCH appreciated

So tell what was wrong so others might benefit.

B)

paco