Sign in to follow this  
deceptiveclothing

HEAT TRANSFER VINYL

I was looking at heat transfer vinyl realized there isnt a ton of options for this stuff...is termo flex the most common used? also does anyone know if u use regular application tape on this stuff or is there something special to use? I know you have to use the silicon or teflon on top when pressing but what kinda application tape?

Guest fivestar

Thermoflex plus is probably the most used but I prefer multicut from www.jotopaper.com It works as well as thermoflex plus but it comes in 20" width instead of 15" which is what thermoflex plus is and it costs about the same.  Both have sticky backing which makes it nice to keep the transfer in place.

As far as transfer tape, you don't use any, the backing of the vinyl is the transfer tape per say.  Remember to MIRROR your image when you cut it, then when you weed it you flip the vinyl over lay it on the shirt and press it, then peel the mylar backing off and bingo there's your transfer on your shirt.

BTW, whatever you do, DO NOT USE SPECTRA CUT II from imprintables warehouse, it is JUNK and they know it but won't admit it publicly.