Jeffrey06

Got a Serial cable, not won't recongize the cutter

I was cutting a 50" long decal today and the cutter stop about 93% through leaving out a few letters and cutting through one letter. I went an bought a USB to Serial adapter to hopefully try and fix this. On the right track?

Now, I can't get my machine to recognize this cutter. I've tried all 4 COM ports and it still hasn't work. Along with installing the driver software again from US cutter.

Any suggestions?

If you had it on a serial port to begin with, you were on the right track. I would say it was more of a memory issue. If your 50" decal was detailed, it would add a lot of nodes for the memory to load. You might try welding the decal and see if it cuts the node count. Or try reducing the decal a few percent.

Finally got it recognized, now it just saying cutting with 0% and nothing is cutting. Then write port error about 2 mins later.

Any ideas?

Sounds like static to me.....longer stuff when not grounded will stop my refine alot.

Is it grounded well?

Also if you are fighting static....cut a piece off the roll and go over it extremely lightly with a used dryer sheet.  Should help.

Yes, grounded from machine to the stand.

Anyone have install instructions step by step for the Serial adapter deal? I can't get it to work..  ;)

I've got the Gigaware one from RadioShack. It came with a disk. I even installed the software driver on that disk and still no go.... ;)

I've got the Gigaware one from RadioShack. It came with a disk. I even installed the software driver on that disk and still no go.... ;)

I bought one of those once and it never worked,  had to get another.  The owner of Radio shack could  not get it to load on his computer either,  It said Found new hardware,  then went right to an error message.  Look on the Radio Shack, website.   they have trouble shooting  I do believe.  

http://www.radioshack.com/helpdesk/index.jsp?clickid=rsk_header_helpdesk

I don't think they even carry them.    On line they only show 1.    Are you sure the Gigware is Windows7 compatible?  Radio shack only lists  xp and down and Vista  and they are different cables. 

I'm almost sure that the Gigaware won't work, had one and couldnt ever get it to work...Seems like the is one certain brand that will work with the Refine and the Pcut models...

Thats it Speedoggy.. I couldn't remember the name, but I'm almost SURE that the gigaware won't work...

Well, I've been to about 5 different stores tonight and staples was the only one who had a one in stock. But, theres has the nuts on it for the screws and SO does the cutter. So, I've got to try to get these nuts of the staples one to connect to the cutter. This one is Win 7 compatible. The Gigabyte one was not.

Wish me luck.

Found that cable in my box. So, it's hooked up now and it Windows assigned that to Com Port 5. Now, in my flexi manager It only goes down as far as 4. What do I do?

It's cutting!!!

I reassigned the port to COM1. I'll update in a sec to see if it cutting the whole thing.

On edit:

Everything came out perfect!!

Spoke to soon. I just cut two 50" long ones, perfect.

Now, I just went to cut a third and it stopped. My new Serial has a green light letting you know it's powered on. I noticed when it stopped the light was off. Somehow I'm loosing power to the serial which I believe was my whole problem with USB. Any ideas?

are you turning your cutter off between cuts?  You should so the data can dump.  If you keep throwing more and more data on your cutter, it does not have enough memory for that.  I have a Graphtec and I still do that. 

are you turning your cutter off between cuts?  You should so the data can dump.  If you keep throwing more and more data on your cutter, it does not have enough memory for that.  

No I'm not. I'll try that..