Bfutura15

Need Help...Tried Everything

I keep getting a pigtail on my cuts and cannot fix it. The pigtail seems o be where the cutter starts the cut. I have tried everything so far no luck. I have adjusted the offset from 0-50, tighted the belt, read and adjusted the XY calibration from front to back, new blade, and new holder. Any suggestions? I will try to post a pic later.

I keep getting a pigtail on my cuts and cannot fix it. The pigtail seems o be where the cutter starts the cut. I have tried everything so far no luck. I have adjusted the offset from 0-50, tighted the belt, read and adjusted the XY calibration from front to back, new blade, and new holder. Any suggestions? I will try to post a pic later.

what do your regular test cuts look like?  are they square? 

Have you checked your blade offset? It should be between .025 and .030 . And I would make sure " send arc command" is unchecked.

If the square testcut does the same (from machine memory) then you have so search in the machines mechanicals.

The PCUT and alikes do not have onboard offset setting and can only use software offset.

But first make the test square 99% then proceed with the rest.

Does the pen does the same to rule out the knife.

Is there a break in the carriage arm or more like the clamp that holds the knife of pen holder?

Paco

If the square testcut does the same (from machine memory) then you have so search in the machines mechanicals.

The PCUT and alikes do not have onboard offset setting and can only use software offset.

But first make the test square 99% then proceed with the rest.

Does the pen does the same to rule out the knife.

Is there a break in the carriage arm or more like the clamp that holds the knife of pen holder?

Paco

The pen does not do it. It is perfect when I test cut. It just happens when I cut. But as stated this is a brand new holder. Both holders do it. The clamp does not appear to have any cracks. The knife appears to be snug in the clamp.

And I would make sure " send arc command" is unchecked.

Where is this located? I am looking now and have not found it.

Now I openend my eyes and looked at the picture I see the pigs tails arent really pigs tails.

You see that it only happens when at the end and start position where the khife hits and leaves the vinyl.

If this was pig tails it would have happend at EACH corner!

So it might be correct it is some option inside SB.

Uninstall SBE. Install again and do not change ANY option.

And check again for this or try to find in the SBE section who knows about this command.

Paco

Now I openend my eyes and looked at the picture I see the pigs tails arent really pigs tails.

You see that it only happens when at the end and start position where the khife hits and leaves the vinyl.

If this was pig tails it would have happend at EACH corner!

So it might be correct it is some option inside SB.

Uninstall SBE. Install again and do not change ANY option.

And check again for this or try to find in the SBE section who knows about this command.

Paco

But it happens on the test cuts that have nothing to do with SB.  :huh:

Ok,

Can you make a picture of the blade in the holder?

How far is it out of the bottom of the blade holder?

Can you only see the tip of the knife or do you see more then the tip?

-------------- this is near good or

-----  -------- which is wrong.

Paco

Ok,

Can you make a picture of the blade in the holder?

How far is it out of the bottom of the blade holder?

Can you only see the tip of the knife or do you see more then the tip?

-------------- this is near good or

-----  -------- which is wrong.

Paco

I tried to get a picture but you cannot see the blade. Only the tip is seen. I even tried to adjusting it a little more in so less shows, but still does the same.

looks to me like the blade is too far out of the holder, and make contact too early.

Makes sense but it cannot be the case

Have you tried adjusting the cut speed?

I normally only cut at 20,30,40 because of the size I cut at. This item was cut at 30. I gut something .52 tall x 1.90 wide at .10 last night and did the same thing.

The pen does not do it. It is perfect when I test cut. It just happens when I cut. But as stated this is a brand new holder. Both holders do it. The clamp does not appear to have any cracks. The knife appears to be snug in the clamp.

But it happens on the test cuts that have nothing to do with SB.  :thumbsup:

Just for clarification - With a pen it will plot flawlessly, but with blade it will do what you pictured? Is it just text typed directly into SBE, or is it a graphic?  If it is a graphic, post the file so others can take a look and see if there's something funky with the graphic itself. If it's a font, then let us know what font it is - not all fonts will cut nicely.

Check the pressure that you're using. Make sure that the blade itself is clean, the surface of the blade holder is clean and that the cutting carriage moves up and down freely.

But it happens on the test cuts that have nothing to do with SB.   :)

Just for clarification - With a pen it will plot flawlessly, but with blade it will do what you pictured? Is it just text typed directly into SBE, or is it a graphic?  If it is a graphic, post the file so others can take a look and see if there's something funky with the graphic itself. If it's a font, then let us know what font it is - not all fonts will cut nicely.

Check the pressure that you're using. Make sure that the blade itself is clean, the surface of the blade holder is clean and that the cutting carriage moves up and down freely.

I have pretty much given up.

Yes, the pen is fine. No issue at all. This does it on everything. Graphics from Brand of the world, typed text, all. It doesnt matter. My pressure is normally always at 110. All items are clean and move freely.

I at the point that I am saving up to purchase a better machine. This is getting on my nerves.

You have to have the blade depth or pressure settings wrong. The cutter does not know if you are running a pen or blade. It runs on commands. If your blade is set too deep, it's dragging on the vinyl and making the unwanted cuts. Or it could be you don't have the vinyl pulled tight across the cutter and it's cutting lines through the high spots in the vinyl.

You have to have the blade depth or pressure settings wrong. The cutter does not know if you are running a pen or blade. It runs on commands. If your blade is set too deep, it's dragging on the vinyl and making the unwanted cuts. Or it could be you don't have the vinyl pulled tight across the cutter and it's cutting lines through the high spots in the vinyl.

I can see what you are saying but the blade is barely sticking out. Only the tip is shown. The pressure has to be good since it cuts through the vinyl and leaves a light sign of where the graphic was. A crease if you understand what I mean. The next thing I am going to try is 60* blades. I am using what came with it and I cut small stuff. We are talking .80" and below. We will see what that does. However on the things that I do cut 1" and above it still does it with the 45*. Its just frustrating sometimes. It gets hard to weed the stuff.

The pressure has to be good since it cuts through the vinyl and leaves a light sign of where the graphic was. A crease if you understand what I mean.

A crease on the backing paper?  That means too much pressure.  With proper pressure and blade depth, you should just barely be cutting through the vinyl without marring the substrate.

The pressure has to be good since it cuts through the vinyl and leaves a light sign of where the graphic was. A crease if you understand what I mean.

A crease on the backing paper?  That means too much pressure.  With proper pressure and blade depth, you should just barely be cutting through the vinyl without marring the substrate.

I will try to lighten the pressure and see what that does.

I will try to lighten the pressure and see what that does.

Well my starting pressure was @ 110. I went down to 100 still did it. Again down to 95 still did it. At 95 It did not cut all the way through the vinyl.