Sign in to follow this  
forsalevinylsigns

Help with graphtec fc7000-130

Hi,

i was wondering If I could get help with a Graphtec fc7000-130. I just bought it used and every time I power it on it makes a little noise and the power button led flashes once every 5 seconds and the plotter never completely turns on. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gio

maybe try resetting it..  when you turn it on , at the same time hold down the UP arrow on the position.  that will put it back to factory default.

I tried it and it didn't work. The plotter won't completely turn on and the power button and screen light up and quickly turn off. Its kind of like a cycle, it powers on and off on and off on and off, etc; it does this with a 5 second delay between each power on and power off and it only powers on for less than a second. I changed the power cable and It still does the same thing. I can hear a click noise to the far left of the plotter every time it powers on. Any recommendations? Thanks

I would call Graphtec support those guys call you right back if they dont answer the phone, not like most of these companies...

I tried it and it didn't work. The plotter won't completely turn on and the power button and screen light up and quickly turn off. Its kind of like a cycle, it powers on and off on and off on and off, etc; it does this with a 5 second delay between each power on and power off and it only powers on for less than a second. I changed the power cable and It still does the same thing. I can hear a click noise to the far left of the plotter every time it powers on. Any recommendations? Thanks

did you see it run,  before purchasing ? 

I would call Graphtec support those guys call you right back if they dont answer the phone, not like most of these companies...

Yeah I will defanately give em a call. Thanks

does the carriage slide easily when the cutter is turned off?  Just thought it might be indicating a jam

sounds like a good time to inspect the boards and see if anything looks amiss - when I got my p-cut a capacitor had been inserted backwards and blew up - was easy to spot.  also roll the roller and see if they are jammed - you will probably have to to this at the motor though